1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&BW Sale! What do i buy?!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AlexJames, Nov 17, 2017.

1. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've decided that I'm going to buy myself a gift bag and fill it up with stuff i can't possibly get by my mom for Christmas. I'm getting money to spend for x-mas from the parents but anything i buy w/ their money has to be safe to open in front of mom on christmas morning. Stuff in the bag i want is mostly bath products and a book - youtuber Alex Bertie's new book about being trans, i want it.

SO Bath and Body Works is having a sale today only and i want to get some things! Of course if i miss today, surely they will have something for cyber monday and black friday anyways. I will link the page at the bottom of what they have. Mom will not be suspicious about me getting a package from them in the mail, especially if i order 'normal' stuff in it too like fragrance free hand cream, wax melts, etc.

Here's the page - http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/c/body-care/mens-body-care. There are so many scents and i can't physically go and smell them. I want a neutral, not too strong scent for a complete bath set. My mom bought my brother ocean scented stuff as a kid, i liked that scent. I like vanilla. I like most neutral scents. Recommendations? I feel like for x-mas i should treat myself, so i want to buy from them instead of just from walmart.

I couldn't shake mom off at the mall yesterday, so i could not properly explore and see if the mall store of it had men's products. Glancing around i didn't see a men's display that jumped out at me, at least, but she was also hovering so it was hard to look. She's paranoid and refused to leave my side, despite the fact the mall was practically dead and nobody was around.

2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ALSO...i'm inexperienced, what's the difference between deodorizing body spray and cologne? Both are on sale, buy 3 get 2 or buy 2 get 1. I'm basically spending half my christmas money at bath and body works haha.

3. denouement

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, it's hard to say what you would like and whether it would smell good on you without actually going to the store. But generally, the scents that are described as floral, fruit/berry, and sweet are more "feminine". Outdoorsy scents like pine, musk, sandalwood, rosewood are more "masculine". Water type scents (probably described as "rain" or "ocean") and citrus are more neutral. Vanilla is typically more in feminine scents, but if you like it, go for it! (I also love vanilla stuff.)

Body spray is meant to cover up a bad scent. Just like your deodorant, but instead of going on the armpit it can be sprayed elsewhere. It's typically a less strong scent than a cologne or perfume, since you will use more of it at once. Don't be like those kids on the bus/locker room with the Axe spray.... you don't spray it on your clothes! It goes on your body just like deodorant.

Cologne is meant to add a nice scent on top of everything. Typically it's a much stronger scent, so you would apply just a little at your wrists and maybe neck. You shouldn't really be able to smell it unless you're quite close (e.g.; holding wrist in front of your nose). Also important to note that if you can't smell it after a bit, it's likely because you've got used to the smell- you don't have to reapply.

As an aside if you look at perfume, it's generally even stronger than cologne. Some is applied the same way as cologne, most has a spray bottle. I've read you're meant to spray it in the air and walk under so there's just a bit all over, however it seems a lot of people who will just spray a bit on the neck/torso. And aftershave is much weaker than either perfume or cologne, but it's the same concept as cologne... meant to be used after shaving since it will contain things meant to help the skin as well as the scent.

#3 denouement, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    AlexJames likes this.
  4. denouement

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Also, from the page you linked, the "Ocean", "Freshwater Lavender" and "Elixir Blue" seem like the most neutral scents. The Citrus one sounds a bit more masc from the description but could also work.

AlexJames likes this.