1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward with the ladies

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Arianna240985, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Arianna240985

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello there, excuse my English as it is my second language.

I'm a mexican 32 year old women. I have recently came to terms that I am not heterosexual. I'm still not sure if I'm lesbian or bisexual, but that doesn't really matter to me I guess. I don't care about labels, what I care about is about starting to have emotional/sexual relationships with women...but see, here's the problem, I behave in a very awkward way when I'm around ladies that I think are pretty. I have noticed that I don't look at them in the eyes, I stuttered a lot, I don't even know what to talk about it's sooo embarrassing. So what do I do about it? I just hide from all women and don't even want to start conversation with them, that's how bad I am.

I am fairly decent looking, and it was very easy for me, when I thought I was heterosexual, to have a lot of boyfriends in the past only because they would pursue me and because I was very comfortable being around them....but girls, man, girls just make me nervous!!

I am confident about my beauty lol, kidding...I am confident of who I am I guess, in a sense, but I get too fuc*** scared to even look at them in the eyes sometimes and it's not cool guys...

How can get over this awkwardness I feel every time a beautiful girl is near me???

I hope this makes sense...please help!!! I want a girlfriend.

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, relax. What you're experiencing is completely normal. You recently came to the conclusion that you're attracted to women. So being a little awkward around them is perfectly normal. I'm shy and introverted and never quite know how to strike up a conversation or keep it going, with anyone, male or female. Yes, somehow I've managed to have boyfriends and girlfriends (not at the same time).

There's hope for you too. Being nervous around girls is normal for someone who's attracted to them. I guess in this case, the more you get exposed to it, the better and easier it will become, and the more natural conversation will flow. All in good time. And you can worry about labelling your sexuality at a later time, just to make it easier to let others know your sexuality. But it's not that important. Hope this helps ease your troubled mind :slight_smile: