1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward situation now

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Laine7008, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Laine7008

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So for those of you who have followed my last postings, I sent the woman I liked a message on Facebook last Tuesday in hopes we could get together over the weekend, well she didn’t get on Facebook until Friday (she is older), she read and never responded….so I took that as a no and decided I would leave it be, I am not a pushy person.

I used to look forward to seeing her each day in the car lines but now I dread it. And for some reason, I think the universe is just being cruel at me because I can not seem to get away from her. Like no joke.
    Before all this, I always wanted to pull up to her spot just to have a possible interaction and it seem to be hard hell, but now, totally opposite.
    Monday when I dropped my son, the car line stops and I am directly in front of her, then after school he lands on her pick up spot.

Tuesday, I got there way early that morning so no teachers were out BUT when I come to pick him up she is calling out names for cars and what do you freaking know, my car stops right at her, I didn’t know what to do, I just kinda sat on my phone and tried not to make eye contact, which I am about positive out of my peripheral she was looking at me.

Anyways, this morning, I’m dropping off my son, he gets out and she’s a little further up ahead, so sigh of relief. But as soon as I start to pull off a kid is needing to walk across the cross walk, and my car is right in front of the damn thing. So she literally stands in front of my car to guide the kid across.

I’m mean what the absolute fuck man.

My son has a school event Friday and I’m fucking terrified. God knows maybe we will get seated together, I mean that would be my damn luck at this point. Fuck.

2. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been following your posts. Love can make us think irrationally and make us do all sorts of things. It's wonderful, but terrifying at the same time. Take a deep breath in. Try to take your focus off her and enjoy the event with your son. It can be hard to do, but not impossible. And it may be a good thing, if you get seated together. Face your fears head on and be proud. You got this. Hugs.

BiGemini87, Prisma and Cinnamoon like this.
  3. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You don't need to feel awkward or uncomfortable around her. I know it's hard but like Rayland says, I think it's best to focus on the event and on your son if you can. If this person didn't respond to you, that's fine, you don't need to show her any acknowledgement at all, positive or negative. It's easier said than done but I think it's probably best to cast her out of your mind and focus on the things you can control, like your experience of the event with your son.

If this person isn't giving you their time, then the healthiest thing to do is not give them any of yours. And that means time spent thinking about them and agnoising about them too.

They're not worth it.

#3 Cinnamoon, Sep 21, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    BiGemini87 and Rayland like this.
  4. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry it didn't work out, Laine. I completely understand your feelings of disillusionment and awkwardness, but I think the others are right: difficult as it is right now (with the feelings being so raw), it's best to focus on your son and his academic activities. If you do find yourself having to interact with her, keep it light and focused entirely on school matters.

I know this is easier said than done, but ultimately it's for the best. She might not have replied because she forgot to, or perhaps she didn't know what to say. She might even talk to you in-person regarding it, but there's a chance (and this is more likely) that she won't say anything at all. I think it really depends on how perceptive she is about your feelings/intentions. It might be something as simple as not knowing how to let you down easy, so she opted to not say anything at all. She could be processing things still.

Regardless of her reasons, it might be time to move on. It's probably going to hurt at times, but things will get easier.

Rayland likes this.