1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autism and Aspergers friendship posts.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wesley007, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Wesley007

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah I do. I was thinking about how we could try to help each other with our weaknesses. My weaknesses are maths and geography.

2. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a lot of the traits and characteristics but I've never been diagnosed. Maybe it's a Pisces thing.

3. Wesley007

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You should check it out. Maybe it will help you. (Fellow Pisces)

4. mask1985

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was OK academically and am quite creative and love puzzles, its the social interactions I struggle with irl. It seems to be all or nothing, I am either too keen or not friendly enough, can never get the balance right.Also get sensory overloads.

5. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi guys!

I'm 99% sure my 13-year old brother has Aspergers. He hasn't been diagnosed, but falls in line with most of the symptoms.

Do you have any advice on how to relate to him? He's an amazing kid, but sometimes we butt heads. I could definitely use some help getting used to this dynamic.

6. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have aspergers, or it's also been called Autism Spectrum Disorder. My biggest weakness is communication, but verbal and written. Verbally, I am very uncomfortable with initiation conversation and sometimes even being a part of a conversation. With both verbal and written communication, I have a hard time putting my thoughts into proper words. There are only three people who I talk to occasionally that I am not related to either by blood or marriage. I almost never talk to random strangers and am even uncomfortable when it comes speaking up in certain situations, such as complaining when someone has wronged me.

My strengths, if you want to call them that, are weird obsessions with numbers and stats, and organizing stats, unfortunately because of my aspergers, it is difficult to properly explain my obsessions.

I must say, that I used to NEVER talk about it anywhere with anyone, but being here with other people with this condition, I feel more comfortable.

#26 LaurenSkye, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  7. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hand flap when I'm stressed, but never in public even when I feel the urge to. That happened recently actually, my friend kept asking me a bunch of stressful questions, and I felt like I was on the verge of losing it, the urge grew stronger and my mind went blank at times and I just wanted to escape.

Thankfully I found a toilet stall, and let out all my stress in there. I can't ignore the urge forever, but I can control when it happens, so then people don't see me do those behaviours. Luckily this doesn't happen too often, but unfortunately when I reach a certain level of stress it can.

8. onlyhuman33

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    AWWW!!! Wesley007!!! This was such a great idea for a thread!! I am the proudest parent of a little Aspie!!! She is my world!! She has some of the "quirks" that some of you had mentioned. She is very high functioning and attends a mainstream high school. Being high functioning is both a good and bad thing. I think the good part kinda speaks for itself, but the difficult part is that she is so high functioning that people don't realize that she is autistic, so they just think she's weird. So they tend to bully her. At least they used to. She got a little bullied at the beginning of the year, but she tells me it has subsided for the most part. I think it's because she finally asked the boy that was bullying her "how does it make you feel to bully an autistic person everyday?" It was great, because his friends got on him and started defending her. YAY!!! The boy told her he didn't realize that she was autistic. I mean, he should be bullying anyone, autistic or otherwise, but at least she is out of his crosshairs. She was also (and still is really) by biggest advocate when I came out as trans. I just feel so lucky to be her parent. She is so perfect just the way she is!!! Anyways, I just wanted to tell you guys how awesome each and everyone of you are. I love your posts!! Stay positive, everyone!!! Much love to all!!!

9. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello All...No autism or Aspergers, but I have been diagnosed with OCD and/or ADHD. A lot of the things that have been mentioned in the posts above are really on my mind lately. The first time I have ever really thought much about these things. It's giving me a better understanding of what folks who deal with all of this go through. It's certainly been a way of developing more compassion when you find that you are having to work through the same issues.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

10. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I never knew the had flapping and rocking was an Asperger's thing. I was somebody a while back who was doing that and thought it was related to Tourette's Syndrome.

11. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    its nice to know theres other lgbt people who are autistic like me it can be hard been both but I would’nt change it for the world been autistic and gay

#31 spaceintime2032, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  12. mask1985

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes I find the AS easier to deal with than the bi bit :slight_smile:

13. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That might be because been bi sexual is still not accepted by the general public and other gay people they think been bisexual means been promiscuous more but thats not true at all bisexual people can be in a monogamous relationship just like any other person its a stigma which should be debunked and you should be accepted for who you are don’t let other people hate you for who you are your apart of the human spectrum of sexuality.

14. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I went to retro games fair with friends yesterday in leeds saw loads of pokemon stuff and had go on retro game arcade mario brothers was cool and bought a darth vadar framed photo just thought i would mention that from seeing your pokemon avatar mask1985 . that’s random typical autistic trait haha.

#34 spaceintime2032, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  15. mask1985

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is very true and one of the issues is that you lose the outward identity of bisexuality if you are in a relationship, ie I would be considered gay if with a guy or straight if with a girl. For someone like me who feels devoid of an identity at the best of times it adds a complication although I know I tend to overthink things at times [one of my Aspie traits]. I think we all just ask for acceptance because understanding is a step too far for some people and I get that - things have improved but there's a long way to go still.

16. mask1985

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That sounds really good I love things like that. The avatar was made for me by my best friend on this site as he likes Pokemon too and knows I am a big fan. I used to go to fairs where you could collect the cards etc. but they don't seem to have them so much now nearby which is a shame.

17. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    it’s cool your avatar, yes I like pokemon's too and anything japanese I can remember when they brought pokemon to the uk in 1998 .yes there not many places around where I am that sell them.

18. mask1985

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I daren't go to Japan it would cost me a fortune! I love all the anime stuff but need to get more into it. I have a few DVDs and books though. My first Pokemon item was the TCG trainer set which would have been about 1998 and I have been hooked ever since, have plushes, video games etc. have to rely on Ebay for building up the collection when I get a bit of spare cash.

19. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I could’nt afford to go to japan too would cost a fortune maybe If I win on the lotto haha. sounds good TCG trainer set yes about around that time 1998 they came out. there was loads of plushes and pokemon sega games. I am into nintendo had nec in ninties saw a newer version was 70 quid a bit pricey at this time will save up for it .love super mario stuff and star wars still haven’t seen the last jedi nobody will go with me to cinema will after to wait for it to come on dvd or itunes haha.

20. mask1985

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like Mario also Zelda, big into Nintendo from the SNES days especially Mario Kart such a fun game. I haven't seen The Last Jedi yet either.