1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attracted to my best friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by hlnra, Oct 13, 2013.

1. hlnra

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone,

I'm pretty fresh out of the closet and I'm really struggling at the moment with my feelings for my best friend, in that I'm really attracted to her, but she is married/straight/etc and I feel really upset that it might have an impact on our friendship.

Has anyone else been through this? I really feel like it shouldn't be a big deal or matter that much because she is a good friend, but maybe the problem is me wanting more and it really kinda hurts a lot.

Thanks (*hug*)

2. MinusK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can absolutely relate. I have a crush on my best friend too. He's nice about it, we hug and cuddle and stuff, but he's straight :c It makes me sad, and I really like him, but I've got my own love interest and we both know it can't happen. Honestly though it's not so bad. We're still best friends and he's so supportive of me, so I don't mind too much as long as he keeps up with the cuddling <3

3. Avila

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I can totally relate to your problem :frowning2:! I had the same situation, and just tried to swallow my feelings. It helped me to avoid my friend for a week or two and do some things on my own to help get over my feelings. I totally understand how hard it is especially when you're fresh out of the closet! We are best friends again now and in retrospect I'm really happy nothing serious ever happened.