1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At what age did you know you were bi

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Feelunique, Dec 4, 2015.

1. HunterRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was about 14/15 when I realised. This site actually helped me realise that I was bi, as opposed to anything else, though I only became a member now, about 3 years later.

#21 HunterRaven, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  2. guitar

From my early 20s to about 25 I thought I was bi. Once I started doing things with guys & talking to others about what I was feeling, I learned that wasn't the case.

3. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About a year ago, when I was 21.

You're not too old or too young. People figure things out in their own time. :slight_smile:

4. colt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My first crush was a boy I went to school with when I was 10. I always knew my entire life that I liked boys. I just didn't know I was gay until I was 17

5. PastelPancake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was about four or five. I was pretty much lesbian ages 4-8. Then I discovered boys and I'm bisexual.

6. LordHeadbanger

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Towards the end of 2014 and the whole year of 2015, I was starting to realize I was probably bi, after talking it out with a good friend of mine. All my life, I thought I was straight, and yet, I've always been very attracted to the idea of girls with penises. Eventually, though, I realized I liked feminine/passable cross-dressing men as well. I guess all this makes me bi, right?

7. ShyShutterbug

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I didn't discover that I might be bisexual until I was about 15. I thought that something was wrong with me because I thought all LGBT people knew what they were at a young age. But when I joined the forum and read about other people questioning their sexuality at a later age, I discovered that there is no right or wrong age to figuring out your sexuality.

Now I'm feeling more and more comfortable with calling myself bisexual. Even though I'm still a little upset it took me so long to figure it out, I'm glad I've finally reached some clarity on my sexual orientation. :slight_smile:

8. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Started questioning it at 19/20, fully realized it at 21. Didn't come out to my parents or my best friend until I was 23 though.

9. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Age 7 - same-sex only
    Age 13 - found out I like opposite-sex
    Age 17 - got told no one's going to laugh at me for liking OS so should just stop saying I'm only attracted to SS. Although I'm worried about what people say about bisexuality so I might hide the label and just talk about who I specifically like.

#29 Secrets5, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  10. Sky82

I've always known but I started taking notice at 13 - 14

11. Ljjgood25016

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    At this point in my life, I have came to the conclusion that I'm confused. At one point, I convinced myself that I was bisexual when I was 14, back in 2011. I was looking through a website and I saw a post that made come to this conclusion. I thought I was bisexual for about 2 or 3 years. Then, when I was like 16/17, I began to re-question my sexuality. I started to feel like I was gay. I started having days where I felt completely gay. But then when I was 17, I started noticing more attraction in girls and some attraction for boys. I have came to the conclusion that I'm confused.

12. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was around 11 when I began to question it then knew at 12 then just kinda changed over to being gay not long after that

13. Angelbob

I guess I knew when i was around 14/15 at the time I thought it was just that experimenting phase i heard people talk about.

I had a few relationships with boys one really hurt me and i then wasn't interested in anyone for years, i felt i couldn't trust anyone.

I've only just started to become interested at all again recently and it's been boys and girls so I guess i knew when I was younger but only recently fully realised it.

There's no right or wrong time and things change throughout your life.

14. NateC7

Well before I was 13 I didn't know much about the LGBTQ community. I mean I knew my aunt had a girlfriend but I didn't think too much of it.

I thought it was pretty normal. But I always found women attractive through out my years in Elementary school (for those outside the US it lasts through ages 5/6 to 11 or 12). I remember thinking Beyonce was incredibly hot. I also found Scarlet from the Clue game to be really hot.

And this may have just been me feeling like a big sister but in Kindergarten my class was in the library and I leaned over and kissed a girl on the cheek. I don't know why I did.

Then when I was 14 I figured I was bi because I dreamed I was kissing my now former best friend. He was a she at the time in middle school where my clingy ness kinda drove him away (not sure if I should refer to him as her when talking about the past, idk).

Then by 16 or 17 I pretty much figured I was mostly lesbian but still a little bi. But with a weird aversion to sex that I still don't quite get.

15. SusanBee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Noticed I liked men and women when I was beginning middle school--about 11/12 years old...suppressed my attraction to women as I got older due to excessive family and religious pressure to be heterosexual...I didn't even allow myself to freely acknowledge that I was bisexual until my mid-twenties...

16. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'd been attracted to a few boys before, but I only discovered I was attracted to girls as well just after I turned 14, and it took me about a year to accept that it isn't 'just a phase'.

17. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

I think I was a trans when I was 10. My parents told us (me and my siblings) not to label ourselves. My parents know I love wearing girls clothes, and my boyfriend, but they tell us that we are still young.

Enjoy life...

18. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was attracted to boys when I was younger, but I only acknowledged my attraction towards girls when I was 15/16.

19. Mikelhpc228

HI,
    Me too, around 4 or 5.

20. flyingsublime8

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was kind of weird. Growing up I kind of thought of myself as part boy and part girl or at least masculine and feminine so I always blamed my feelings on girls as my "boy brain" acting up. When I was 14 I felt 100% confident that I was a girl so I guess I kind of went through a straight phase for about 2 years and then I fell in love with a close friend of mine and I thought I was totally gay but after about 4 years of that I came to the conclusion I was bisexual.