1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Astrological Signs?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by shadowraptor, Feb 18, 2016.

1. shadowraptor

What is your guys' opinion on star signs, not just in terms of an individual but perhaps in the context of a relationship as well? I've actually found that a lot of stuff I find online is pretty accurate in terms of my own personality traits, and from what I've read it seems like they can have a certain amount of say in what direction a relationship will go in. Do you guys believe in that stuff?

2. CuriousKitty16

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A lot of people don't believe in it, but I always find out someone's sign (by way of birthday) so that I can determine possible compatibility.

3. 10chaz1926

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do believe in star signs, I'm a Scorpio and a friend of mine is a cancerian. She's also gay and we often tease eachother about certain traits that we both have. For example cancerian S are said to be clingy, therefore when she tries to cuddle I tease her about that. As for comparability, I wouldn't know as I've never really been with someone in a romantic way, however when relating to friends some people just clash, Through stubbornness or any other character traits that they have.

4. Saturn2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you read charts too or just sun sign? I've read charts since I've been 14 and they're always so accurate.. to the point where I got so much practice, I can sometimes predict peoples birth times

5. scapaviella

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone teases me for how much I believe to horoscopes, but I've always found it's pretty accurate when it comes to relationships. I'm a pisces and my ex is a leo, and our relationship was pretty much textbook between the two signs so...

I mean I don't change my life around them, but I don't find any harm in taking some advice off them now and again.

---------- Post added 19th Feb 2016 at 12:37 PM ----------

Everyone teases me for how much I believe to horoscopes, but I've always found it's pretty accurate when it comes to relationships. I'm a pisces and my ex is a leo, and our relationship was pretty much textbook between the two signs so...

I mean I don't change my life around them, but I don't find any harm in taking some advice off them now and again.

6. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I thought for a while should I come in to this thread and challenge your astro-BS because I'm sure you guys hear about it anyway. However, since one of you said that they check the horoscope for personal compatibility I feel that it's no longer just a silly past time for you but actually influences your choices.

You do realize that horoscopes are written to be so unambiguous that just about anything can be interpreted as "proof" of it's accuracy. Let me give you a challenge. Let someone else cut horoscopes for you and take out the astrological sign. Then try to find your own just by reading the texts. You will quickly discover that just about all of them will sound like you.

7. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

^ Yep.

Those personality tests and horoscopes give answers that apply for everyone. I've read somewhere that your brain adjusts to your test results to fit your experiences, your own traits, emotions, etc. It makes you say "That's totally me" even if it's not so much so. If this makes sense. I do find horoscopes and personality tests fun.

#7 ModernCat, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2016
  8. arieltyler

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'm actually a pretty firm believer in astrology, and i constantly read about it. it's fascinating to me how when you were born can have so much of an impact on your personality traits.

9. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only problem I have with Astrological Signs is that it only gives you a little bit about a certain sign. A lot of people though say they act a lot like their sign, though I don't really get it. But I think they're cool and fun to read, but I don't really take it seriously in my life. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: