1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking to go to pride festival

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Cas, May 26, 2014.

1. Cas

Cas

Okay, so my family has absolutely no idea that I'm bisexual and I'm terrified of telling them because they can be pretty homophobic and I'm afraid they'd cut me off.

The dilemma is that I my city is having a Pride Festival and I really want to go. I think that it'd be good for me. But I have no idea how to ask if I can go. I'm worried that they'd question why I would want to go to the festival and begin to wonder about my sexuality, and I don't want that.

I'm not sure what to do. I've been trying to muster up the courage to ask if I can go at dinner, but whenever I open my mouth to ask, no words come out.
    Any advice?

2. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lie...Sorry that's all I've got....If I was your age that is what I would do

3. mangotree

If they bring it up, pride events are for everyone. They're more about inclusivity and equality than being LGBTIQ. That's why most of them aren't called "Gay Pride" etc.. any more.
    Would your parents be against you being supportive of inclusivity and equality?

4. TraceElement

Do you have any gay friends? If so, tell your parents that the friend asked you to go with them.

5. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm having this problem too, but I think I may tell my mom that a bunch of my friends want to go...The Pride Festival in Toronto is coming up I think and I really want to go