1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Arizona Revives Draconian aNTI- aBortion law

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Ushiromiya Red, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    TRIGGER WARNING: The following thread will be discussing the topic of abortion and some other related sensitive topics. Please read at your own discretion and take care of yourself. <3

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Video talking about the subject at hand:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=--=-=--=-=-=-=-=-

ME: [​IMG]

The Arizona Supreme Court decided to reinstate a civil-era ban on Abortion. As far as I know, the only instances that an abortion could/would/maybe be allowed is if the life and death of the mother is at stake. And as far as I know this includes no exceptions for rape, incest, or anything else. Yeah like Captain Janeway in the GIF, I'm very disturbed by what is happening here.

I'm actually surprised I didn't see a thread covering this subject to be honest. It will affect LGBTQ+ people as well...especially those who are AFAB (like myself) and it is very disturbing that there are those that wish to take our bodily autonomy away. It makes me very sick to my stomach to think that in the year of Ra 2024 that there are states (like my homestate of Iowa for example and many others) with fascistic like government officials that wish to enact laws that are very draconian and medieval in nature. It's quite frankly very fucking disgusting and very disturbing.

Essentially this law would make it impossible in the state of Arizona for any woman or birthing persons to get an abortion...And it would punish doctors with the threat of prison time as well. No matter how you stack this deck, it's ass backwards as fuck. I can't believe that this is even a thing. How is this a good thing? This law was made before Arizona was even made officially a state. Also it was made during at time when women/minorities/people of color had no rights to vote....this is what the GOP is after...they want to take us back to a place where we have no rights and quite frankly, I find that very disturbing.

Let's please have a civilized discussion. I know this is a touchy subject for many reasons. But I felt this had to be talked about.

2. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    SIDENOTE: Both the Arizona Governor and Attorney general have said that they will not enforce this ban. Also, Biden slammed the Arizona Supreme Court for enforcing this very dangerous civil war era law banning all abortions. I'm so sick of rights being threatened...SUpposedly, THE Republicans/GOP are the "party of freedom" when instead they are the ones drafting this legislation, trying to revive zombie laws from the civil war era days and earlier, and overall proving how fascist they are. Whoever lives in one of these hellscape states, please try your best to vote blue...so these fascist nazis can't get another chance to fuck things up even more.
    [​IMG]

#2 Ushiromiya Red, Apr 12, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
  3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally agree. At least they are supposed to have a ballot question the people can vote on in November which should drive more people to vote and more Dem wins in AZ, FL and wherever possible. Liberty, freedom, equality, justice for all is on the line.

4. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are absolutely correct! Liberty, justice, freedom and equality are absolutely on the line this November...I'll be honest, this upcoming election has got me afraid for many reasons. I'm praying for not repeating 2016...aka Trump winning. Please Ra no.