1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Arizona anti-trans bathroom bill

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Fugs, Mar 20, 2013.

1. J Snow

Considering trans women are probably one of the highest demographics in this country to experience rape, and being a victim of it myself, I find this pretty damn stupid.

2. Igne

One day people will start using their brains for more than forcing stuff like this down everyones throat. Maybe.............

3. Hexagon

Maybe... but don't count on it.

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I signed this on-line petition opposing this bill earlier today.

Link to petition site:
    www.allout.org/arizona

5. starfish

Ah good 'ol Arizona, we can always count on them to make Texas look like a bastion of progressiveness.

6. J Snow

I just got on to link this petition but its already been done >.<

It would be nice if someone could edit the OP's post in this thread to have the petition show up in the first message people see.

7. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And yet a little more of my faith in humanity has died upon reading this. I really wish we could force people who think this sort of bullshit up to live in our shoes for just one day. Weak-minded people like Kavanagh would crumble under the pressures we go through. I pray that others at the hearing will see through this bigots farce and throw such a ridiculous bill out.

8. Dalmatian

I couldn't agree more. The fact that we even have double toilets is stupid. I mean, in a shopping centre near me there are boy-girl toilets for kids! Seriously, I couldn't believe it. There are five toilets: men, women, boys, girls and handicapped/mothers-with-babies one. That's just idiotic.

I do think a kids' toilet is a good idea, btw. Kids tend to touch everything and regular toilets are often too large for them, both the stools and the faucets. But not boys/girls separation. They are the same, completely identical, but one is blue and the other pink.

When it comes to adult toilets, unisex is perfectly fine. Urinals can be separated by a wall or something, maybe, but that's all.
    Honestly, the only thing I really like about separated toilets is that the men's are always more or less free, while women's often have endless lines :slight_smile: Which makes some women go to men's toilets, which in turn shows that unisex is perfectly acceptable to them.

9. Just Jess

You know what Arizona fucking fine. I mean, I get it. The internet's not enough for you, right. Stuff at home sucks enough you've gotta be able to peek under my stall and see a pair of panties on the floor to keep you going, hey whatever. All you're proving is that after an orchiectomy I still would have more balls than you, because even with this sorry high school excuse of yours to finally gain access to the girl's locker room - which let's be honest, is why you want to force men to use the girl's locker room, so that you can just go in incognito, right - you still wouldn't ever follow through on it.

Sorry I'm just a little pissed off and moody right now. Just I mean, people elected this guy Senator. He is being payed money in a failing economy by people trusting him to represent them in Congress, people who need jobs and less fucked up lives, and he's using that money to tell the country that Arizona wants to watch you while you shit. Just great. Round of applause. Sooooo glad I don't live there.

10. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Arizona, thank you for reminding me why I hate checking this part of the site most days. Yet another piece of me has died reading this.