Arghhh why do I do this.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Evanescence, May 14, 2013.

1. Evanescence

Argh this drives me through the roof.

Everytime I make a male friend online I end up slightly flirting with them (I don't mean anything serious by it - I am this way to everyone really) and a large amount of time they are gay and they get the wrong idea and assume that I want something more, so they flirt back and then I just go along with it WHICH IS COMPLETELY WRONG OF ME and they end up just eurgh 'wanting me'?

It's nice to be wanted and stuff but i don't want to pursue anything with most of these men (not even comfortable with what sexuality i am atm tbf..) and i just feel bad for leadin em on cause it ruins most ofmy friendships with guys online. I just dunno what to do, id feel a bit rude trying to shout at someone online (well not shout cause cant do that virtually......) and tell them i mean nothing by the flirting. But i dont fancy removing the flirty side of my personality either.

GRRR

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm like this too. I'm a big flirt by nature, but I'm not looking for anything sexual.

My question would be, what kind of flirting do you do? Is it explicit by nature or is it flirtatious banter (my fav)? I wouldn't flirt by means of being overtly sexual, but if you're flirty by nature and others don't get that you're not looking for anything just tone it down a bit. Also make sure you lay down some boundaries if they try anything sleazy.

3. Evanescence

I'm that bit in bold :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I could try and tone it down but I've attempted that before and it's a very difficult thing to do haha, I'm either not coming across as nice enough if i tone it down or "something seems wrong" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. HeyAshley

for someone to actually be with you over the internet, i think you would of had to flirt constantly and create a connection....or are people just that odd?

5. AKTodd

Perhaps just tell them what you've said here early on in the friendship? If you're honest about how you are up front (and maybe drop in periodic off hand reminders), people will hopefully get used to/remember it and just not take you seriously when you get flirty.

Or would that sort of take the fun out of being flirty in the first place?

Todd