1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you Romantic?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Jun 4, 2016.

1. sonnentanz

I've always been kind of a sap when I really like someone. Some things such as soulmates I never bought into, though.

2. Embi

Embi Guest

I'm not really romantic, maybe a little. If I had a partner who'd be all over candles, flowers and violines, I couldn't bear that. If they are a bit romantic, I wouldn't mind as long as they don't expect me to be the same. I need time and I don't show my affection in gifts, romantic letters and all the cringeworthy stuff.

3. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I hate the feeling of being an irrational twerp whenever I have a crush, but if I'm in control of the situation and my feelings (mostly in control, anyway) and am feeling suave as hell, absolutely.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  5. Glowing Eyes

6. PantyhoseSlut

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I guess it depends on the mood, but I like to think I am.

7. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've only ever been in one relationship and it was long-distance and pretty short-lived, so I don't have much experience to say.

I think that I probably could be, though, if I really cared about someone and didn't act so apathetic all the time! But it wouldn't be something that I troubled myself too much with, like, I think that Valentine's Day is just a commercial holiday so I wouldn't celebrate that beyond a card or something. My parents barely even celebrate their anniversary, let alone Valentine's - not because they don't love each other, they just don't really see the point when they can spontaneously go out together whenever they like - so I've kind of adopted a similar approach of not making a fuss about things.

Whilst I probably could be romantic, I wouldn't be irrationally so. For me, it would extend to nice dates and occasional flowers or gifts. I'm poor anyway.

(Then again, my Dad plays guitar and he wrote a song for my Mum years and years ago. They've been together for nearly 30 years and they played the song at their wedding, and I can't help but think that, even though I'd cringe if anybody ever sang to me, I'd like somebody to love me enough to do something like that for me, you know?)

#47 Gunsmoke, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  8. L0ser

Haven't really been in a relationship, so I can't really say. I want to think I'm romantic, but since I'm an anxious person who over analyzes everything, I would probably screw up whatever I'd try.

9. Poroyl

Poroyl Guest

I don't believe I am one myself, but people who are romantic are really the best.:lol:

10. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a hopeless romantic

11. rado84

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't consider myself romantic, altough girls have told me I am. So who's right - idk.