1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you Facebook official

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thewitt, Sep 3, 2012.

?

Are you out on fb

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. No

57 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. madi

I am, but since I'm bi it says interested in men and women and everyone can see it, but I don't many people have noticed or take it seriously.

2. julia

Unfortunately, no, but I want to change that every time I log in.

3. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, in the sense I updated my 'Interested in' section, which was previously empty. However, I'm not sure if anyone's actually noticed. Only have a small number of FB friends, all of them people who I've only met online as of now. :\

Though it'll be interesting to see if I get any responses if and when [emphasis on 'if'] I'm in an official relationship . . .

4. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Nope and I don't know if I ever will come out on Facebook. I would say the relationship I'm in but in that interested in spot, I just leave it blank.

5. Gallatin

My "Interested In" section is just blank. I don't know if I'll ever change it. As of yet, I haven't seen the need.

6. Aeon Magus

Not voting on this one. The answer is yes and no for me. Yes, the people on my 'friends' list know that I am, but no, I don't display it on the About Me page. People that browse Bookface don't get the option to judge me.

7. secretguyX

Same for me. Everytime, I go to my profile and think about setting it, but I always coward out. I don't even know why I do that, and why I don't just finally set it. :eusa_doh:

8. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

I was but now it's just blank. Although I identify as lesbian and don't care who knows, I'm not really to concerned about labels, now that I got it figured out for the most. Everything makes sense in my head now and I'm okay with that.

9. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Fixed it for ya :slight_smile:

As for me, it is clearly posted in my about me section. I also have albums about pride, and my tag pictures clearly let you know. Not mentioning in my profile pic I'm with my boyfriend xD

So, yes.

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I am open about my orientation on Facebook, although nobody seems to care.

11. SkyDiver

Yes :slight_smile: It was terrifying at first but now it's like "whatever". People don't really check it either.

12. swimmingkevo

Yes! With the exception of family members, anyone who looks at my info can know. :grin:

13. Bree

I have both my orientation and gender hidden. Facebook doesn't acknowledge the gender spectrum, so I figured that was easiest.

14. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I've been out on facebook for probably around a year and a half already. It was easy to change it, barely anyone noticed anyways, but when one person noticed, that's when everyone started to notice, and again, not a big deal, I didn't get any negativity from people, so it was all good.

15. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Indeed. I don't use it as a dating site. Anyone who 'needs' to know, knows.

16. TruePinkamena

Out Status:
    Some people
    I put my status as "interested in men and women" while tons of my school friends were on my FB. Word got around, so I didn't have to tell them directly. Then I removed most of my school friends and changed my FB name, which is what I wanted to do in the first place anyway lol ^-^

17. King

King Guest

My "liked" Musicians and Bands pages should out me as it is, BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE SO DULL...

Anyways, technically no. People would have to go by the stereotype of gays listening to girly pop music for me to be out.

18. Aquafin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  19. Ljssussex

My official Facebook shows I am separated but not my orientation as I am not ready for that...

I have set up a separate FB account which doesn't contain a picture of me and which uses a pseudonym so that I can interact with Gay sites and the community without being "outed" until I am comfortable and ready.

Probably a million reasons why this is wrong and yes I am hiding still.. But I have to balance the need to acknowledge who I actually am, but also reveal my orientation gradually, when I am ready, and hopefully when I have a support network in place. That may or may not include a Male gay friend or boyfriend to help hold my hand..

20. Fiddledeedee

No. The majority of my Facebook friends consider same-sex relationships wrong, as far as I can tell, and I'm just not ready to come out to my father or stepfamily. Maybe I should tell the non-family ones at some point, though. Hm.