1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you clean?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Mar 18, 2015.

1. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When it comes to hygiene and general cleanliness I'm somewhere at the middle. I like everything to be clean, but if it's not, or if I don't have time or don't want to clean, I won't bother myself over it.

But, I'm a minimalist, so for me stuff laying around or in general too much stuff makes me go totally berserk and I start throwing everything away at an alarming rate. The perfect bedroom for me is a bed and a cupboard in a completely empty white room.

2. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's weird. At work I try to be as clean as possible. But when I'm home, I'm pretty much a mess. I do dishes when they are bad. As long as I have a path to walk in my room, then good. I rarely ever make my bed... but when it's bad or when the sheets are pulled out from the mattress, I make it. My desk and my entertainment center are the most cluttered. I clean them when I can't find anything. It's also hard to clean my room because I have so much crap in boxes and I can't fit anything else on the mountain of boxes. I'm about a 4-6 on the scale. Maybe I should rearrange my room... not only will it be a nice change but it would give me a chance to clean it up and make make it look nice.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

To quote a little street wisdom:

"I'mma be fresh as hell, if the Feds watching."

When it comes to personal hygiene, I'm clean.
    When it comes to my personal wardrobe, I'm fresh.

To put it simply, I'm never wearing something I'd be ashamed of being photographed in. Sure, it may not be exactly what I'd wear, but you know, I make due with what I have. The body I've got may not be what I want, but I'll be damned if I look like shit, LOL.

My vehicle is kept orderly. Air freshener, vacuumed, and I'm in the process of getting seat-covers and a steering wheel cover, too. I wash my car once a week, either by hand or through drive-thru wash. My trunk has two plastic crates; one is for important basic materials, like extra blankets and pillows, while the other has various manuals and paperwork. This leaves my trunk open and full of room.

My room is where things slack off a bit, but it's still organized. I don't mind leaving a stack of books somewhere, but that stack will be straight, for example. I can still see whatever it is I'm using as a "table", basically. My bed is half-made, as in, I'll make it up to about the halfway point, but leave it folded open, so I can climb back in. My bookshelf, while organized, has bits and pieces laying atop or in front of books, like makeshift decorations.

With dishes, I use one glass and one plate. After each use, I'll wash them. This makes it easier as opposed to letting them pile. I'd rather wash two things than an entire sink, you know?

For important stuff, like an extra set of keys, documentation, extra money, and jump-drives, I keep everything in my safe. Though this is more organization than cleanliness, and just plain convenience.

Aside from hygiene, I don't clean every single day, so I wouldn't consider myself a 10. I'd say I'm about a 7 on average.

In short, I'm the best damn roommate you'll have, when it comes to keeping up appearances, LOL.

4. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm very clean. I always have been. I know that I probably have OCD, I'm not sure, but it seems like it. I'm pretty uptight about hygiene--I wash my hands frequently, I hate touching things that are "dirty", no matter what they are--as a kid I used to paranoid about germs. I've grown out of that to a reasonable degree, but I still like being clean. In that sense, I'm also very aware of chemicals and things and I don't like to be around smokers and such.

When it comes to organization, I like to keep everything as organized as possible. I haven't always been so great with that and seeing where disorganization led me allowed me to become especially organized. My room is always as neat as I can get it. I vacuum often and dust a lot--seeing things dirty bugs me. I imagine I'd be the same way with a car.

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty reasonable with it. 7/10 overall.

My parents and I watched TV shows about compulsive hoarders. When my bedroom kind of resembles a minefield, my dad jokes that I'm a hoarder and I should be on that compulsive hoarder show.

My dad also likes to talk about the fire triangle and I think that will encourage some people to tidy up. I was that awkward child that asked WHY. I might have complained about putting my Lego away, but, I didn't want to risk my parents and I dying of smoke inhalation. I knew what to do in the event of a housefire, but, in this case, it would be stupid to increase the chances of fire.

I've heard about a family living in a 1/10 clean household. They earn 1 point because their house was still in one piece and you could get inside the front door. There was rubbish all over the floor. Their dog had worms and was dragging itself across the carpet. Their hamster even had broken legs because the husband didn't see it and accidentally sat on it. They were planning to put it to sleep, but his daughter liked the hamster. I've spared some details that my dad told me about their pathetic home.

6. Rainbows~Exist

I'm probably a solid 7. I'm really clean but my room can get a bit cluttered occasionally...

7. BloodFlame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh man.. Well, I'd like to say I'm 50/50. I do have a routine cleaning process of cleaning at least every Friday or Saturday (usually Saturday). I think my worst habit is leaving clothes on the floor. I'm a little better at that though but I can't lie, sometimes I do get lazy. .But like I said, usually by Friday or Saturday, I do a routine pickup so it's back to normal.

When it comes to Bathroom, Clean it every Saturday unless it gets dirty before hand (which rarely happens). Kitchen, I do every Wednesday & Saturday. And I vacuum the living room every Thursday-Friday unless I'm very bored lol.

8. Yosia

I am a quite messy person. I keep clean hygienically and clean clothes etc, but everything else is like a 3/10. xD

---------- Post added 19th Mar 2015 at 06:27 PM ----------

I have needed to make my bed for about 2 weeks now that's how bad it is. ^ :lol:

9. Foz

Foz Guest

In the house is a near bio hazard, my car is almost always pristine except from when I've got exams, then it's like someone let off a crumb grenade in there!

10. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm like a 4, it's really bad. Especially with school work.

11. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I'm a 2 or 3. I did clean out the car, but I only did so because my bf needed a place to sit. LOL. My spare room has crap everywhere. Just boxes, bags, and storage bins full of paperwork everywhere. I am clean when it comes to dishes and the toilet though. LOL. I also shower and wear deodorant daily.

12. Psaurus918

13. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I'm obsessively organized. I'm not a giant skank, like I won't leave dirty laundry everywhere or for extended periods of time, I won't not wash dishes or clean my bathroom, but I'm not as obsessive about it. If something needs to be cleaned, I clean it and I clean it thoroughly, but it's not obsessive like my need to have organization.

14. Drednaught

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say my room is about a constant 7. Usually bumps up to 10, but then it slowly heads back to 7, so I keep my room pretty tidy. It is my room after all.

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm cluttered, but I have a pathological need to vacuum at least once a day...

16. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's hard for me to rate this. When I want to, I keep things really clean. Bed made every morning, dishes get washed as soon as I'm finished with them, laundry gets put away right away, everything is organised, and I even pick up my puppy's toys and keep them in a basket that goes neatly under my bed after her bedtime.

On the other hand, when I don't want to, my room turns into a complete disaster area. I swear there should be a biohazard sign over my door or something when it gets like that. I do think it's possibly related to my mental health, though, to be honest. My room stayed a disaster area for months while I wasn't on meds. Once I got back on meds, I ended up taking an entire weekend and cleaning everything, and it's stayed spotless ever since.

So, in my clean moods... 9/10, maybe? And in the "Bleh, I don't care" moods, 1/10. And my car... maybe 5/10? I don't spend much time in there, so it doesn't get cleaned as often.

17. newfish

Varies by mood. I'd say average 4, fluctuation of 2-9.

18. tulipinacup

While I like everything to be organised and clean, There comes a time where laziness gets me that I become so cluttered (such as now because I'm a literal trash at the moment).

It's different when it comes to the kitchen though, I expect everything to be clean because food is supposed to be safe.

19. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If everything is not perfectly organized in its proper place, I panic!!!

My mom jokes about it.

20. fleetwoodpacman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I never told this to anyone, but... I actually never masturbated.
    I also never felt the need to, or wanted to. Is that... Normal? I'm not asexual, but still...