1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are You an Emotional Crier?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Geek, Jul 18, 2017.

1. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my god yes!
    I cannot go to theatre movies without ending up a publicly displayed tear soaked mess by the time the credits are rolling

2. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it really depends for me. Personally, when my Grandad died, I didn't cry at his funeral. However, I did cry for several weeks before the funeral. It's not that I hated my Grandad or anything, it's just that how I process grief is slightly different. Seeing pictures of him later made me uncomfortable, but it didn't make me cry, sometimes I felt annoyed at people for posting these pictures because I disliked how uncomfortable it made me feel.

I'll cry for TV shows and movies, but only if I care about the character. If they're a minor character, as harsh as it sounds- I probably won't care. I remember one film I saw where they were threatening to kill off a character and it was supposed to be really dramatic and heartbreaking, but I didn't care because they hadn't really built up much of a character for him. I have to know a character, their personality- especially if I can relate to/ or feel sorry for them in anyway, really well to actually care about the possibility of them dying because if I don't then it just doesn't have as much of an impact. Unless it's the death of a dog or a cat- in which case I will cry not matter what.

I don't find crying to be contagious at all, but I find other emotions- like stress, anger and amusement- to be quite contagious. If I see others crying and I don't find whatever it is upsetting or whatever, I won't cry.

#22 Canterpiece, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  3. Silverbirch

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get all emotional when my boss praises me at work. It's ridiculous! :grin:

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even though I try to hide it, I'm a very emotional person. Dude, I can cry for ten minutes over cat videos.