Are there people in this world who don't cheat on thier partner?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Stridenttube, May 16, 2013.

1. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh my god, what is wrong with your friends!? 0_0 I wish I had a boyfriend. I'd be faithful to him, and hug him, and and and and and take care of him forever. :3 You know what? I don't think I'd be able to handle getting cheated on either. <_<

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you actually had this happen, or are you just concerned from stories you've heard?

Yes, there are a lot of people, gay and straight, who cheat. And I suspect that there are more gay men that cheat than straight men, because, on the whole, gay men have more emotional baggage.

But there are plenty of good people out there. A lot depends on where you are emotionally, and what you believe about yourself, consciously and unconsciously. If you believe, consciously or unconsciously, that you don't deserve someone who is good and honest and has high integrity... then the people you're going to attract, and be attracted to, will live up to your beliefs, and you'll attract people who will cheat on you. If you are confident and comfortable with yourself, and believe you're worthy of someone healthy and with integrity, then you'll be a lot more likely to attract and hold onto that sort of person.

3. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I've never been in a relationship, however, I have seen my freinds all get cheated on numerous times. Watching them get hurt over and over again really turns me off to the idea of dating and being in a relationship. I could only imagine cheating is worse with gay couples.

4. MichaelB

To be fair, as much as I hate to say it, I do understand why some cheating happens.

I'm gunna use my friend as an example; she was dating a bloke that openly admitted that he had major commitment issues and he gets freaked out by the prospect of a relationship. She pursued him anyway, dated him, engulfed him in a ridiculous amount of attention and yep, he cheated on her.

I understand that, I really do. He told her of his disposition, she ignored it and forced her idea of a relationship onto him. He didn't like it, so purposely sabotaged the relationship.

I mean, I know you're going to turn around and say he should have just left her, but I think he did genuinely care for her. He just had a different idea of what a relationship should be like when compared to her, and the two weren't compatible so he freaked.

I can relate to him, I guess. And I'm worried that I'll be judged as a prick because I can admit that I might cheat if I was in a relationship. I mean, I wouldn't want to cheat, but if Doctor Who told me that I cheated in the future, I wouldn't be surprised...

5. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've never cheated on anyone, but I don't know if that means I won't. Sometimes I do really impulsive, self-destructive shit out of the blue. I'm always paranoid about the idea of being cheated on when I know it probably hasn't happened. I have trouble trusting other people because of crap like this, but that's the tricky thing right? If you really love someone then you should be able to trust them...I hate thinking about this stuff...

I know the feeling, but believe me that a relationship based on physical attraction alone is basically doomed. You're setin' yerself up to be with someone who gets bored easily and is likely to let their eyes wander. Personally I tend to gravitate towards nerds cuz we're more likely to have common interests in stuff and that's a group that generally has a little more substance than some random knock-out in a bar. I guess you shouldn't date someone if it's a person you would have no interest in being platonic friends with. Remember this quote:

"If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't fuck 'em!"
    -John Waters

6. AKTodd

Hrm. My partner and I have been together 16yrs and have been monogamous and faithful all of that time.

That said, some years before we met I was in a 3yr relationship and toward the end of it, I did basically cheat with someone. Not proud of it but there it is. The relationship was already in a downward spiral for various other reasons and the frustration level after yet another failed attempt to fix things just got the better of me. I ended up telling the guy I was with in a sort of break up argument that led to him seeing someone else for a while as well while we were both still living together. This was not a fun time.

Eventually our original feelings for each other resurfaced, we did a lot of talking, and ended up ending things with the people we were seeing and getting back together. That lasted for maybe 4-6 mos and then the same issues that had been killing the relationship in the first place resurfaced and got a bit uglier. At that point, I decided to end things once and for all and said I was moving out.

A bit after that I ended up dating a guy for about a year or so who was really nice. Even after we broke up as a couple we remained friends and still exchange Xmas cards. After we broke up but were still hanging out sometimes he flat out told me it would be OK to hook up with a couple different guys who expressed an interest, but I refused because it felt like cheating on him.

My partner's former relationship apparently slept around on him a lot and eventually died from AIDS as a result.

Don't know if the above helps or just depresses you more, but there it is.

Todd

7. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not everybody cheats.
    I have not, nor would I ever cheat on my partner.
    That said, my very first boyfriend cheated on me, and for the longest time, it had me locked into the mindset that people were just prone to cheat, and that you can't trust them when it comes to a relationship.
    Boy, was I full of s**t back then.
    The thing is, you've got to be open and trusting, otherwise, you're doomed. And if it happens, it happens. Sure, it's a devastating blow, but you have to learn to pick yourself up and go on. I wish I had been more keen to this knowledge when I was younger, because I wasted a good number of years being, basically, fearful of what would come in another relationship. =\

8. bagginses

bagginses Guest

Me neither. I don't believe in adultery.
    they have an article on monogamy not existing anymore because everyone now at days are getting divorces or are swingers.

---------- Post added 19th May 2013 at 08:56 PM ----------

I too would be super hurt if I was cheated on.

9. June Cleaver

This is a subject I have had to deal with throughout my life because all of my men have been straight but two and they were Bi. I have never cheated on any of my partners. My last partner shared me with his best friend and 2 other guys. I was not even asked how I felt about it. The best friend turned out to be a great experence for me because I had thought something was sexaully wrong with me. He was a desaster for Ken. So I don't consider that cheating. They all cheated on me except my 3rd and Mike so far. Mike will have sex sooner or later with a cis-women every so often. I do understand even though it hurts me to think about it. He is very much straight and does like VA-JJ. As long as I don't know and it is only sex than it will be ok. His heart has to be mine!!!! June

10. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My feelings exactly. I'm faithful when in a relationship with someone. But I've been cheated on by most of the men I've dated, not to mention the married ones who come onto me or my female friends. I already have trust issues and paranoid is my middle name. So needless to say, this prevents me from entering into relationships, or always ruin it when I do find someone