Are there any "social factors" that cause homosexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by micstar615, Sep 26, 2014.

1. CloudyEver

I'd like to believe that the environment does not cause it, but that an open and welcoming society would allow more people the explore. Everyone's just a little bit gay, even if it is females checking each other out competitively.

2. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think social factors cause sexual attraction (I think you are born gay or straight), but I do think social factors can cause your personality type.

For instance, many of the extremely flamboyant gays could have had their personality shaped by the way they grew up, but their interest in men would have been the same had they been raised in a different environment and developed a different personality.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    @YaraNunchuck
    I never thought of being "born gay" as oh poor me I'm stuck like this feel bad for me ; Perhaps that's how you feel about it but I sure never did , I see it as this Yeah I think I'm born gay and I like myself that way ,and just because someone is straight doesn't mean they are better than me and have the right to treat me like a second class citizen because I'm just as much as a human being as they are . My sexuality is not a hindrance to me it's part of me .
    I think people often confused the born the way message with Macklemore's song I can't change even if I try , because I never saw born that way message that way .
    Born this way was about being proud of who you are and true to who you are .

#83 stocking, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014