1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are my dreams telling me I'm a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by electricgirl, Aug 8, 2013.

1. electricgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey, so I've always had sexual dreams about girls ever since I started getting them when I was a bit younger, I'm 16 now. I have seriously not had any sexual dreams about men. Even in non-sexual dreams, I'm always in love or flirting with girls, never guys. I identify as bisexual, but lately, I've been thinking that maybe I'm not. But, I am attracted to guys and would be willing to have an emotional and physical relationship with them. I'm a virgin btw. I have done some things with girls and it was extremely fun, but I haven't gone all the way with a girl. I've only kissed a guy before, but it was only out of pity. The idea of being a lesbian is kind of scary to me. I mean being bisexual is a little alright, but I still feel like I'm living a lie and that I don't necessarily have to come out of the closet unless I get a serious girlfriend. But, if I really am a lesbian, then that means that I definitely have to come out even more and my life is much more of a lie. My mom always says things about marriage with a man and blah blah. I really can't see myself married to a guy though. I don't really picture a marriage with any gender to be honest. When I do try to picture it, it makes me cringe. However, when I daydream about having a relationship, it's always with a girl, not with guys. I just don't understand. It's like I've known I was bisexual for a long time, and now I feel like I'm all confused. It's very irritating to me. Can you guys help me out here?

2. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Fantasies are taboo overall; they do at least give a 90% accuracy rating in terms of identifying sexual orientation, you mention having emotional and sexual attraction to both genders, but in fantasy you see a woman; it could be a sign you are homoromantic, but that really goes with only the said knowledge you put here, now tell me; do you happen to have romantic crushes on men in the past or present? If so, it could be doubt lingering.

3. electricgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have had crushes on guys in the past, but once I got to know them, the crush quickly subsided.

4. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    That happens; it happened to me a few times in the past. It's like their totally different, which is why I lowered myself emotionally when I find a new crush. That way it won't happen again. As for this, it is possible you are Bisexual; but maybe you need experimentation to figure out what it is, but don't let the label wear you down.