1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are friends worth it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Monique_Massacre, Jan 13, 2008.

1. ok well here is the thing i am a bit shallow i guess when it comes to people i am friends with i only get along with a certin kind of people and i cant stand most other kinds and the people i hang with now are the kind of people i like and they all dress and talk and act a certin way its not easy for me to talk to people who are so much difrent than me so i look for people who look like me who dress the same who isten to the same music and things liek that thats the only kinds of people i really get along with every one else just kinda pisses me off i am starting to agree with morgan in thinking i am better off because basicly my only other choice is preps or jocks or the mean sk8ter kids or the creey kids who know way to much about math and computers .. all of which piss me off

#21 Monique_Massacre, Jan 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2008
  2. Louise

Carefull how you go there, there are loads of wierd creepy people here who know loads of stuff about maths, computers and EVEN understand physics! :lol:

Seriously, I don't know if it a question of being shallow, we dress in the way that we identify with ourselves and this gives a visual message to the people around us. Someone dressed in Goth will automatically attract other Goths and this is partly why they dress in this manner.

Of course you are attracted to like minded people, we all are. I don't surround myself with people who only know how to talk in computer speak because after about 10 seconds I am completely lost. This pisses me off because I feel stupid, not because I don't like the people.

Your way of choosing friends seems quite normal to me. I use the word choose, but is it really a choice?, you either have an affinity with someone or you don't. What I see in your case is more a question of you growing up an moving away from your old set of friends because they are not moving in the same direction as you or not at the same rate.

Not wanting to critisize Morgan in anyway because her answer is valid for her but I am not sure that she is a fine as she would like to make out, she has an awfull lot of issues. I am not saying this is due to her friendless nature... not at all, there are certainly other things in her life but friends can be an invaluable source of emotional support when family is too close to help.

At the worst moments in my life it has been my friends who have come to my aid, mainly because I hid the problems from my family because I did'nt want to worry them. Without friends I wouldn't still be here today.

I am not talking about aquaintances, work collegues, neighbours and the hundreds of people you can have around you, I am talking about the one or two really true friends who look out for you, listen to you and would walk to the ends of the earth to help you.

3. no i am not grouing away from my friends they are telling me lies and stealing form me and starting rumors about me.. all because one of them threatened to bring a gun to school and i had to tell the cops and he got in trouble and now they are all mad at me and they pretend they are not and that every thing is fine

those are the ones doing it the ones who i loved the most