1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are doubts normal? How to get rid of them?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Priiiide, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Jeffhack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I want to tell her but I'm to scared... :frowning2:

2. Priiiide

Why don't you write a letter? that's how I might do it.

How did you and your sister come to terms with your sexuality? And realize it was who you are?

Did you question/doubt yourself?

3. lilbitlost

Bit late to the thread, but if you dont want to sleep with a guy, or be phsyically close to them and feel uncomfy when they flirt with you then its just anxiety and feeling pressured to be 'normal'. Trying to be close to them as an experiment wont make it better if you dont wanna be there in the first place :wink: So id say dont worry about reassessing your sexuality, sounds like youve got it right.
    If it helps at all my brain likes to trip me up too, most of the time im fine, then my brain just latches onto some random guy and tries to find his virtues. It gets quite silly, i end up sitting down and thinking 'do i actually want to sleep with them? Ewwww no! Good, then stop dwelling on it, bad brain!' I think its natural for everyone to have nagging doubts and get confused, well at least it seems to be normal round here! :grin:

4. Priiiide

Alright thank you lovely. It helps hearing that from a girl too because we are wired differently and also tend to get turned on by things we might not actually be turned on by.. I just need the strength to be more positive and push the doubts away. Most of the time I'm okay, when I start doubting, I get severe anxiety and then don't stop for a whole day or few days and get really down with continuous thoughts and trying to force myself to check guys out to see if anything is there... How lame.