1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apparently I'm too straight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JT, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim

Yes, one of my friends called me "The Straightest gay guy ever." I was kind've shocked, as I'm not masculine, but I'm not feminine either XD

2. RENThead

i get it all the time...
    one of my gay female friends (she is very - i dont like the lable - but she is very butch)
    she said i need to look more gay - i dont have that certian *something*

i told her to shove it...

i know i look straight - and until i come out to mum (or move out) - probably the later, i will stay like this.... till i can get my hair cut short short :grin:

3. darkestknight

Many of my guys even said that,

"Oh dude, you are too straight to be gay!!"

Goodness. I looked straight, but I'm bi. I love guys too. "Now tell me, do I still look straight?"

4. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :roflmao: some of these posts are too funny

5. Beware Of You

I have had that before.

I just acted straight since I was scared to come out.

Now that I am out I have campened somewhat

6. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I never liked the term 'straight acting'.

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To campen is quite an interesting verb! :icon_bigg

8. leer

Am straight acting all the time a few of my straight mates questioned it called it a phase I was going through. I will admit If I've had a bit to drink I do become more camper .

9. GingerGuy

The exact opposite happened to me. I came out to a friend through Facebook and she told me she already suspected my sexuality. Right when I said my first sentence. I was the one who was shocked, because I did not expect that. I considered myself quite straight acting until that point. But since I know it does not work now, I think it does no harm to release the hidden flamboyance inside me... xD

10. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I too have 'campened' a bit since I came out. I still surprise everyone I meet when they find out I am gay. I have started wearing a rainbow bracelet to give some type of indication.

11. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Yea, some naive friends [who stereotype lesbians as just being butch] all because I can be girly at times.

12. Hexagon

Liking guys is gay. Liking girls is straight. Unless you exclusively like girls, I fail to see how you can be too straight to be gay.

13. Joe54321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mum told me there was know 'signs' that I was gay and my friends thought I was Joking when I told, I wouldn't say I was really masculine or effeminate I have tendencies either way.

14. GayLibertarian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I haven't come out to many people yet, but when someone slipped it that someone in our class was gay, every time someone mentioned my name, other people shot that idea down, so obviously I'm not that stereotypically gay (I'm just not flamboyant or feminine, never have been).

But I have been loosening up a bit, starting to take on the stereotypical traits that I had been previously hiding, starting to speak up on gay rights, etc.

15. Colours

Lol yeah I get that. People who know I'm gay are always like, you wouldn't be able to tell and all that. While several people who don't know (or didn't at that time) have said I have a gay voice. It confuses me lol. Not very helpful for my self image.

16. Rexmond

Surprisingly yes! To the few friends that I've come out to, they've pretty much all (individually) said that they never would have expected it. That's a huge "really?" to me, lol.

17. AKTodd

Had a co-worker tell me I couldn't be gay since I didn't fit his stereotype (his words).

Had a housemate tell me I initially scared him because I wasn't small and fem like the gay guys he was used to seeing. He also said he worried for a time that I would rape him.

Had a friends dad wonder how I could be gay since I could have 'any woman I wanted' (so the friend told me, I wasn't there at the time).

Have had women flirt with me, although generally I only know because friends/co-workers tell me this has happened. I generally am not looking for that and not really paying attention. Much the same applies to men. That's just not where my mind is at most of the time.

I don't camp it up. Not bothered by it (if that's how a person naturally acts) but just not the way I naturally behave. Generally I'm pretty reserved and semi-formal.

Todd

18. IrishEyes1989

My mother constantly tells me I'm too straight to be bi :lol:

19. Zmajcek

Zmajcek Guest

Everyone has been trying to persuade me that I am bi... Mainly because I like to make comments about girls' bodies and even look up pictures of naked girls sometimes. I just find it aesthetically pleasing. Now if they knew how much more often I looked for pictures of shirtless guys :grin:

20. LoveMusicPoetry

To the OP: If that were true then it would rely on the gay stereotypes being true. i e, gay men being efeminate and lesbians being masculine. They aren't true so that makes your friends statement rubbish. Just tell her that these are only crude stereotypes and that gays come in all shapes, sizes and personae.