1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone experince outright homophobia?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by geoworld24, Oct 21, 2014.

1. BiohazardBanana

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I remember in one class I was in a boy was taking to his friends during group work. I don't know what his friend said, but he stood up, looked his friend right in the eye, and shouted "GAY IS WRONG!". One girl left the room crying because she was bisexual and the boy got sent to the office. at the time, I hadn't even thought about the concept, (was in 8th grade) so I wasn't offended, just kinda disgusted that someone could be so insensitive.

2. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am at a conservative Christian college. I hear homophobic speech on an almost daily basis. Since I'm closeted it's not directly spoken to me, but I still am miserable to hear hate against my kind.

3. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

I've been told I'll go to he'll cos I'm not straight a few times..That's about it though

4. hollychristina

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have also heard that before as well. also I once went on to Stormfront for a research paper on hate groups and crimes which is the most well known hate group forum on the internet and everyone on there is full of hate and backwards thinking. it is a very scary forum that advocates violence not just against the LGBT community but Jewish people and blacks as well. i was in tears upon reading some of their "ideas"

#24 hollychristina, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  5. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have been on the receiving end of homophobic comments and outburst from my dad .

6. Pipihpipih

Pipihpipih Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes when I was in senior-hi.
    I was out of my orphanage. And have to longer my hair ever since
    Coz i lived at my late parents house.
    But after graduated i was not staying in that house anymore
    Rent a place my own with my gf.
    Now I dont have to be afraid to show who I really am.

7. rmds

Personally, I haven't.

I think really homophobic people are a lot less ballsy when they're caught off guard. For example... when I used to be a server, my tables would always ask my about my equality tattoo that I have on my arm. Usually my answer would be, "It's for marriage equality." And sometimes I would get funny looks. There would be the people that would be like, "Oh, thats so cool!" but then you could always pick out the homophobes because they would be like, "......oh."

I don't think most of them would have it in them to launch into a tirade about how being gay is wrong in the middle of a restaurant to their server who they barely know. If they ever did, I have no idea how I would react.

8. MickH

Too many times to count.

9. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not for years and years... I'm very fortunate that way.

10. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only time I've really dealt directly with it was from the Fenner Farley at our school. He was on some rant about how people deserve to go to hell and he included gay people and people who commit suicide. My friend shut him up pretty quickly, but that was definitely not fun. There was one other time with the boy I now have a crush on, but at that point I'm pretty sure that was just ignorance. He was still laboring under the pre-conceptions that gay people are all promiscuous and all about sex, so he said some things that I did not appreciate, but I shut him up by coming out to him on the spot, and since then he seems to be more aware of what he's saying and doing.