1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone ever participated in Pride?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by birdking, Jun 17, 2014.

1. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I've been to two so far. I plan on going to the one in St. Louis next Sunday. I really enjoyed it, it's just a really friendly gathering. My favorite part is the parade. There's so many different types of families there too. The last time I went I saw two dads and their kids and I just remember thinking to myself I can't wait to have a family and bring my kids to pride one day.

2. AmiBee

I went to the 25th Pride in NYC in 1994(my first pride parade). Then, I moved to Boston and went almost every year until 2005. That was when our son was a baby, not yet a year old. Haven't been since then. Family life has been too busy. Need to go next year!!!

3. BelleFromHell

NO. The gay community hates me.

4. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Never been to one.

5. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Went to one again today :slight_smile:

6. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First time was yesterday,it was amazing and I suggest anyone who can muster up the courage to do it

7. Data

Data Guest

I went to Tucson Pride in the Desert 2013. It was...interesting.

I went with my sister and one of our mutual friends from work.

The DJ was pretty awesome. The drag show was cool. The Cher impersonator was INCREDIBLE and I loved it! Stuart Milk was there and gave a speech. That was nice to be in the front row standing there listening to him speak. I wish there were more merchandise vendors there selling pride stuff. There were a few people smoking some grass and a few people were rolling on some E.

The weirdest things were:
    The chick walking around with no bra on and only a SMALL bikini covering downstairs. C'mon, have some class.
    The two women with their YOUNG toddler in the front row while the DJ was blasting music at an ear-damaging volume. This made me angry with the women, not the parade.
    The guy walking around in a speedo with a bondage vest on. I was waiting for someone to clip a leash onto him and take him away. :grin:
    The drunk guys who made me glad I snuck in my pocket knife. They walked up to us and said (slurred) "All these people are gay." I said "Yes, I know. This is a pride festival. What's up?" He said "Yeah, but they're all GAY. Gays should all be KILLED, don't you think?" I said "No, why do you think that?" He said "Fuck all these gay people." I said "Yeah, I'd love to fuck all these hot gay guys. Whaddya think about that?" At that point he burst out into hysterical laughter and gave me a fist bump. Then he just turned around and starting singing along to the Cher impersonator. I walked away after that. Far, far away.

I'd go to this year's just to see if they have more merchants. It sure would be nice to have a boyfriend to go with instead of my sister and a friend. :c