1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have that obsession with the Sims?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by theJosephDean, Jun 18, 2010.

1. thegrimreaper

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ive been playing the sims since around 2005 with Ts2, maaaan... Ive been addicted ever since. I know this one time, I used some sort of cheat in ts2 because the father of the family got stuck in his car and couldent go to work or get out or anything, so I reset him or something or forced him to go to work.... he never came home. I almost cried. Ts3 is great though, and Twinbrook is amazing, kinda creepy, but totally intriguing. And here I was afraid I was the only one who liked the sims here. Woot! I dont feel so alone anymore.

2. theJosephDean

If I play a hetero couple, I can raise kids till the cows come home and even continue the generations, but for some reason, every time I play a gay couple and adopt a kid, suddenly the game gets very boring, and I get that tired-quit feeling. =/

3. Mitchell

I've played The Sims and The Sims 2. I'm not much into it anymore -- I don't really play games like I used to.

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

My entire house just burned down..:|

5. littledinosaurs

how the hell does that even happen? I am literally shocked that the fire go that bad.

6. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I had a lot of plants. :frowning2:

7. Étoile

I downloaded a hack for more intense fires :slight_smile:grin: I wanted to give my sims a challenge).

It bit me in the booty. Within game seconds, the entire house would become engulfed in flames, turning into an inferno. I had to teleport everyone to the park to survive.

One of my sims didn't make it and I was so sad. Luckily (pun intended), she had the Unlucky trait. Grimmy spared her and now she's an elder with 4 grandkids.

(You'd think he'd spare Lucky sims and kill Unlucky sims but meh.)

8. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Well, I had over 100,000 simdollars so I moved into a really nice already furnished house! :grin:

9. Étoile

I hate decorating their homes. I've yet to even build a house from scratch.

10. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

This.

11. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've only ever turned aging on in my legacy towns. Never in any of my real towns.

12. Cynic

In Loving Memory Regular Member

I used to obsess over it until I found out about rosebud and then buying all the hi tech electronics and building gigantic houses for each family got a tad boring.

Although as a kid I did find the "Make swimming pool - put family and friends in - take ladder out - go on triplespeed" process repeatedly amusing. I'm just too rebellious.

13. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I still enjoy doing that XD

so..I was thinking..maybe we should post some pictures of our houses? o:

Yard
    Inside
    Street View of House

(I demolished the awesome furnished house I was talking about earlier so I can have that awesome yard!)

#53 Lady Gaga, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2010
  14. Étoile

Do y'all have WA or Ambitions? Neither piqued my interest.

There's one coming out on October 29 called The Sims 3: After Dark. They're probably doing the remake-new idea thing they did with TS2. It sounds like a Nightlife remake.

15. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the first sims I made a graveyard... :grin:

16. RaeofLite

...I always make my characters gay and watch people either recoil or make out with my character. lol

17. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    After Dark hasn't yet been confirmed as legitimate (I hope it is, though. Nightlife is my favorite TS2 expansion.).

Steven's house is pretty cool. I've only built one house so far in TS3, because I hate building houses and there are already so many attractive premade ones. It's based off of a house I built in TS2 - two stories, medium sized, able to cram in four bedrooms and bathrooms, mostly traditional, unoffensive appearance. Then I added an annex to it - really tall, hideous, looks like an office building on the outside, gaudy floors and walls, connected to the other building by a long, thin, second-story cosway. Building ugly houses is fun and easy. Attractive houses, not so much.

18. 8bit

I love the Sims. To be honest, i still like the first sims the best. Sims 2 and 3 where great however. I can't say anything bad against it.

19. ANightDude

:lol:

I remember when I played the Goths one time... Mortimer went off to work, Cassandra to school, and Bella stayed home to look after the house. One afternoon I thought it would be nice for her to cook some lunch for herself. She thought it'd be nice to start a fire and kill herself. So, the other two came home and while in mourning, I felt bad, so I built them a pool. Mortimer drowned. So, little Bella was left alone, so I decided to have her throw a massive house party since she's, you know, free. Girl flunked out of school and got taken away.

It was a bit depressing.

20. 8bit

Yeah, i remember one time, i thought it would be a great idea to set fireworks off inside the Goth house hold, and basically everyone but Mortimer died. It was sad, he was to sad/hungry/or smelly to do anything. And he didnt want to shower because he was to sad visa/versa.