1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have any 'weird' allergies?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Tim, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow that really, REALLY sucks...I mean to be allergic to water, when your body is 2/3 water plus you need water to live (i mean what else are you going to do if your abandoned on an island with only water). And I mean to be unable to take a shower for more than 10 seconds a WEEK, to not be able to swim...jeez....I woudln't want to be her...

As for me I'm very odd. I'm allergic to a lot of things. Grass, ragweed, dust, I once husked corn with my Dad thinking I'd be fine because I've eaten corn on the cob, but nope, both my eyes swelled up. I also have this very VERY odd allergy to milk and milk products...it's odd because like I'll eat a cube of cheese and unless I'm eating it with crackers or drinking something with it, I start feeling like I'm sweating even though no sweat is being produced. What's more, if say I am drinking milk or chocolate milk and swallow it at the same time as some food, it almost feels like it gets trapped in my chest. Not my esophagus because I can breathe and everything but just my chest and it can be VERY uncomfortable, at times I've been unable to eat anything else or drink something because it just feels like it's stuck there too. Yes even liquid feels like it's trapped. It's like this HUGE gas bubble or something... Soooooo weird. The problem is I've had bromine tests, chest X-rays, and other tests and they've all come back normal. So I have no idea...

2. mischa91

I'm allergic to cloves and last week i had a massive allergic reaction (red itchy spots all over me) from my new bed sheets. Not sure what was on them that caused it but after i washed them they gradually went away.

3. Étoile

I would too. I loved Dr. Pepper when I used to drank soda.

4. I drink soda only on occasion now, and Dr. Pepper is ALWAYS the one I go for

5. Gambit

I'm allergic to cinnamon, which sucks. When I was a kid i was allergic to soap, it burnt my skin, so i couldnt shower properly

6. x2x2x2x2y2

Only pollen. When I was little, my mom made fish and I had an allergic reaction, but it was only that once. Now I eat fish(same kind and cooked the same way) and I'm completely fine. Really weird.

7. Daniel

So:
    -certain textiles-synthetic materials-natural materials like linen, cotton, etc are fine
    -certain plants-three types of brambles make me break out in hives
    -pollen
    -all molds
    -dander
    -tomatoes-weak
    ---ketchup-constant for some reason-strong mouth pains-followed by sensitivity
    -grasses-normally very little reaction, occasionally makes me itch on contact
    ---hay-in small doses I am okay but over exposure can lead to the point that my throat closes, my skin breaks out in hives and splits open (causing blood loss) and without medication I can die
    -rodents-hives and rash-if they scratch me I don't heal normally
    -cats-the fur makes my eyes water and sneeze
    -saw-dust-it irritates my sinuses and causes an overproduction of mucus-yummy. *sarcasm*

The majority of these allergies are covered by one general pill I take once a day. The only ones I have difficulty controlling are the tomato allergy, the cat allergy, the bramble allergy, and the material allergy.

There isn't anything that has worked with the cats yet. The bramble and material allergy are strongly skin allergies. I take stuff for those after I break out, which shoos away the rashes and hives. The tomato/ketchup allergy-I just don't eat them.

8. Allistair

Allistair Guest

Damn thats a complex list of your allergies. I havent found anything that im allergic to so far, but im sure i am allergic to something. I think everybody is allergic to something you just have to find what it is.

9. xCrazyInsanity

I am, and so is my mother.

But coconut is sooooooooooo good :frowning2:

I think it qualifies as "weird" though... lol

10. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I have a mild allergy to tomatoes. They make my mouth hurt and they leave a rash around my mouth for a while after I eat them. Other than that I can't think of any allergies.

11. paco

paco Guest

i'm allergic to ibuprophen/aspirin. kinda sucks when i get a headache cause tylenol is pretty weak.

also tobacco. it's not usually a problem with second hand smoke unless it's like, in my face, but i'd probably pass out if i smoked a cigarette.

12. Markio

Bread. Cheese.

13. HalfInsane

I'm mildly allergic to hand soap/dish soap with the exception of really mild soaps like Cetaphil. It's not major, but it makes my hands really, really itchy and I'll get a rash after washing with regular soap too much. I should get in the habit of bring my own soap with me but I always forget... and it makes me feel a bit weird. So I just put up with the itchiness.

Oh, and pork. I feel beyond ill if I eat more than a small amount of it.

I also think I might be allergic to chlorine but I'm not sure... not in terms of drinking water because we have a water cooler, but more when I go to public pools. My eyes get really itchy if I'm even near a pool or hot tub, and actually being in them makes my bones ache after a while. It's weird.

#33 HalfInsane, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  14. flymetothemoon

Ah! Me too! I'm actually allergic to temperature change, too, though, so not only do I get hives from the cold, I get them from leaving heat and going into cold, and I also get them from leaving cold and going into heat. Benadryl is my best friend since I live in New York state and its pretty tough to avoid cold and temperature changes around here...

Did they make you guys have the awful archaic medical test that seems like Chinese water torture or something to confirm that you were allergic to cold? The doctors shoved my arm into icy water and held it there for a few minutes and then looked to see if I got hives to check for my allergy...it was AWFUL!

15. NickT

I'm allergic toooooooo...

Alternaria mold
    Cockroaches
    Housedust
    Cat (very minor, I live with a cat and it's fine)
    Maple/Box Elder trees
    Cottonwood trees
    Hickory trees
    Oak trees
    Sycamore trees
    White Ash trees
    Cocklebur weeds
    Pigweed
    Plantain
    Ragweed

Most if not all of which can be found in my back yard ^_^

16. Winny719

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm allergic to Latex! Thank god I'm a lesbian...that shit burns! Also I'm allergic to mold and dust I break out in hives.

17. ceejay

ceejay Guest

i am allergic to milk and any milk product, cheese, ice cream etc. i get hives on my face neck and chest, my stomach cramps, and i get dizzy, out of ballance.

18. Mind Freak

I'm allergic to apples but not apple sauce or apple juice. Just whole apples. >_>
    I'm allergic to dark cherries, soy milk, almonds, grass, pollen, and dust, and some insect bites. I'm probably allergic to stings but I haven't been stung thank goodness. Haha.

19. Shevanel

I'm allergic to bullshit. :slight_smile:

(But that ain't so weird)

20. Mind Freak

Haha. Aren't we all?