1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have a weird eating habits or taste buds ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Aug 15, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well when it comes to food I don't know why but there are some fruits I can eat when their turned into juices .
    For example I love a great mango fruit but hate mango juice
    I hate eating watermelon but can tolerate and sometimes enjoy watermelon juice
    Hate cherry juice I enjoy eating cherries .

Another thing i can't stand peanut butter and Jelly but I can enjoy peanut butter on my cracker , separate from Jelly and jelly on a cracker alone .

I don't get why I'm like this and other people have asked me why anyone else like this ?
    And this is just some of it :dry: I can't remember the others .

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That happens to me with some juices too. I love melon and cashew juices, but i don't like the fruits, for example.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Good to know I'm not alone on this people called me weird , and some even claimed I was lying .

4. AlamoCity

I think it has something to do with the pulp and texture. I really hate watermelons juice, but love a good, firm, ice-cold watermelon wedge.

I am general very good with flavors and am a good taster, but I'm not really a finicky person, except when it comes to health reasons.

I actually like offal. I love liver and onions, kidney, heart, and even fried small intestines (tripas).

During Thanksgiving, I actually like to cook for myself the organs and neckbones of the turkey that are placed in the cavity of the bird. It's a good snack while preparing a feast.

5. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Preferring vegetables raw? Not sure if that's weird, lived off raw fruit veggies for a year. Liking ketchup so much that I'd eat some by itself? People usually think that's weird.

Thing with cherries is that a lot of things 'cherry flavor' actually has almonds. Wonder about the others, if they have much or any of the flavor as an actual ingredient.

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am really weird how I eat chicken. I like chicken tenders and strips as well chicken cut up, but I don't like chicken wings. I hate corn on the cob, but I love it separately and in individual portions. I like shredded bbq pork but not ribs off the bone.

If I eat fast food, I will first eat my entire burger, then fries or vice versa. I won't nibble on each and go back and forth unless it is a restaurant.

7. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, i'm weird...

So lets be weird together! :eusa_danc

I know some people that do that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. BethLauren

My sister eats ketchup on toast and ketchup by itself!

I love fruit juices, but some actual fruits I can't eat because the texture makes me feel sick.

9. White Knight

I love cheese with jam instead of normal butter and jam.

Also love to eat cheese with cake.

I love carrot, lettuce, tomato and cucumber by themselves or their salad. When one of them mixed with other one's salad I hate it... even find it disgusting to eat.

I love eating chocolate cake, baklava or any other kind desert as first thing in the morning. :grin:

I can't drink water till noon. Before noon it is all tea or coffee for me. If I had to drink water before noon, I put little bit of tea in it or lemon.

I like drinking apple vinegar as well. Not really drinking but taking a big sip and moving it around my mouth before swallowing it.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I do not eat condiments, in general. The only exceptions to this are salt and pepper, but only in somewhat-small amounts, and maybe cheese (on a burger), but even this is about 50/50. Maybe some spices, on say chicken, too, but that is about the same.

I don't like ketchup, mustard, gravy, mayonnaise, barbeque sauce, or various dipping sauces. My taste buds do not like these, at all. Also, ketchup and mustard, can make me vomit. So, I tend to eat very plain meals. This, has the added bonus of, saving me money, and making any one who prepares meals, have an easier time. So, it works out.

I don't like icing on cakes. I can tolerate it, but after about one bite, I scrape it off. I much prefer the cake itself. I even do this for cupcakes. The reason for this is, I tend to not like icing's taste; I'd much rather have an ice cream cake, if I have to have a coat of anything. Again, this works out, because it means less work, for anyone preparing baked goods.

I like pickles, but I'm not too keen on pickle juice.

I snack on cherries all day. It's actually my snack food.

I tend to eat grilled chicken, at any time of the day; breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

That's all that comes immediately to mind, for me.

11. PICollins91

I don't think that's so weird as chicken wings usually aren't as filling as chicken tenders or strips.

Some of the weird food habits and taste bud things for me are I love tomatoes, uncooked and of course tomato sauce but I can't eat cooked chunks of tomatoes with gagging a bit, the texture gets to me. Also I can eat barbeque sauce with just about anything even on it's own with some garlic bread or french fries to dip them in.

My number one food might be a little weird to some but I'd say my all time favorite thing to eat is peppers and onions sauteed in garlic. Nothing else just doesn't come quite close to me except maybe Chinese food or sauteed mushrooms.

12. Yosia

I too dont like many fruits but i can drink the juices. Also many people find this really weird but i eat nutella on doritos XD

13. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tomatoes
    I can not eat a raw tomato, no matter how hard I try I can't eat one, but if it's a Sun dried tomato or something like tomato sauce then it's perfectly fine.

Mangos
    If I eat a normal mango I have an allergic reaction, but if I eat a frozen one or one in a smoothie then nothing happens.

Beef
    If I eat anything that has to do with beef, whether it be a burger or steak, I can't hold it down, I get extremely sick and nothing goes well, but I eat beef jerky then I'm perfectly fine

Corn
    Once again I can't eat it normal, it has to be neither dried or as popcorn :lol:

The list could go on forever, but I don't want to seem picky cx

14. RainyViolinist

I enjoy eating tortilla chips with nutella ಠ_ಠ... I think it's because whenever I eat sonething salty, I need to balance out my palate with something sweet and vice versa.

15. Candace

Yep! I like watermelon and orange flavored stuff, but I don't like to eat the actual fruit themselves. I also don't like straight up milk, but rather something mixed into it like Nesquik or Ovaltine.

16. tulipinacup

I like honey, I like tea. I don't like honey in my tea.

17. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can eat more figs than I should; as in 15 in one sitting. But one tiny quarter-teaspoon sized piece of date? I feel sick and want to throw it up because it's so sweet.

I love tomatoes. I cannot stand having tomatoes in a sandwich*. If they're not cooked... well, the idea makes me feel slightly ill.

*at least with quinoa bread, it doesn't get as soggy as wheat.

18. ScatteredEarth

I can't eat broth, which usually kills soups for me, but I like chowders, and other hot liquids like hot chocolate.

My bf doesn't like meat too much, but he eats beef rice like candy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. Ryujin

I can only eat carrots raw, I can't stand boiled or steamed carrots.
    When eating a fast food thing I always eat all the chips first and then the burger.
    Ketchup on toast :slight_smile:
    When eating digestives or kendal mint cake, I tend to scrape at it with my teeth for ages until most of it is gone before actually eating it.
    The yolk of the egg shall always be saved till last.
    When having a fry up I always leave a bit of everything till the very end when I have two large forkfulls of everything with half the yolk of the egg on the end.

20. the haunted

I love apples, apple flavors, apple ales, apple liquor, but I can't stand apple sauce. I think it's partly due to the texture.

I like milk and I like chocolate, but I'm not really a chocolate milk fan. But I do prefer chocolate milkshakes to vanilla.

I can eat a whole can of black olives by themselves. My best friend's sister does it too so we shared a can last night lol.

Like Kaiser, I also scrape the icing off my cake.

I would prefer to eat non breakfast foods for breakfast. Like spaghetti.

I tear the ends off most of my french fries if they are even a tiny bit browner than the rest of the fry.

I practically dissect my meat before I eat it. I'm really weird about meat. I've been called out on it so many times. My plate looks like murder when I'm done.

I only eat ketchup with french fries. Otherwise I don't like ketchup.

And I have developed a huge anxiety issue centered around eating. I feel anxious and sick when I eat. I'm hungry right now, but I can't eat because it makes me feel bad. Weight loss 101. Lol.

#20 the haunted, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014