1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else friendless?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pane123, Feb 19, 2014.

1. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two really good friends from school, but other than that I would say I don't really talk to anyone else that often.

2. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

:smilewave

3. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's a lady at work who's kind of my friend -- I talked to her today about the sexuality stuff (since she's a lesbian) and she was really nice. But I don't see her outside of work, and even though I like her I don't think we're destined to be close friends.

Anyway, she's the closest thing I have to a friend -- all my other friends are on the internet. I mean, I'm extremely grateful for them, but now and then I like to be with people face-to-face.

4. Californiakid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sometimes that's not a bad thing, having no friends is better than having fake friends.

5. Chrissie

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I second this.

I moved towns just last year with my best friend, we even moved in together. That lasted a whole of 6 months, as I had the feeling she was just using me, which is a long story. So I basically ended that friendship, and left in a town with pretty much nobody that I knew.

I attend university, but find it hard to be social. I'm extremely shy and just don't think that anyone really has the time of day for me, so I try not to make an effort to talk to people, and therefore they don't make that effort back. It's something I really wish I could change about myself, so here's to hoping this year is different.

I have one friend at the moment who lives 2 hours away from me. It does get tough when you think that you're alone, but I'm sure you can make heaps of understanding and amazing friends on here! (*hug*)

6. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have my kid, my gf, my BFF who is in a diff state and one friend, so not many!

7. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Not sure if I see any distinction between the two scenarios...

8. Sketch

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's odd....

I'd describe myself as having a good amount of acquaintances (i.e. co-workers/classmates e.t.c) that I occasionally hang out with.

but close friends for me nears the 0 mark. :dry:

9. robotman

Wow... So many people feel like this, I'm glad to know that I am not the only one. I do have a few friends but I just don't feel like I have any REALLY GOOD friends... Like I don't have anyone who calls me everyday and we gossip about random rubbish. Basically I just feel like I don't have any close friends I can talk to or anyone that I can like just hang out with. It kind of sucks, hopefully it will change soon.