1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Else a Lucid Dreamer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WhiteFox, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Peace

I used to be able to almost every night since I was little. However, this year's stress has given me a mild case of insomnia which has pretty much wrecked my lucid dreaming. :tears:

2. InaRut

Only recently have I really been able to sorta turn an eye to the "backstage" area of my dreams. I'm finding more and more that sometimes in my dreams I go, "Wait. I'm dreaming right now." and then I'm usually in control about what I can do in my dreams.

But I try to avoid it because the more I do it the more I realize that it's cool the first couple of times, eventually you feel like your in a movie theatre and some guy is yelling out, "That's fake! Oh you can tell THAT's fake."

So usually I just go with the flow of my dreams.

3. Owl47

Out Status:
    Some people
    I lucid dream semi-often. Sometimes I have control, other times I don't. Usually, if I'm in a life threatening situation, I gain control of everything.

The strangest thing that happened to me was:
    lucid dream, waking up into a non-lucid dream, waking up into a lucid dream, and then waking up to real life.

I do have "normal" dream within dreams pretty often, however.

4. anthonyroleak

Ya I totally know what your talking about, i thought it was normal until i was probably about 12. I am not as good at it now as i was when i was younger, I find I can do it when im not sleep deprived and i think thats why i am not as good at it now. I have always found that the dream seemed to have rules, I could bend the rules only so far, if i took over the dream too much whatever part of my mind was still sleeping would wake,ending the dream. It never occured to me how strange it is to have concious thoughts while somehow your still sleeping. Are there people doing studies on lucid dreamers and how it actualy works???

Only recently i have been experiencing the opposite, where i think i am awake and in control but i am asleep, and it repeats. Prior to these recent dreams i have never had a dream that i was unable to identify as a dream or was unable to wake myself from it.

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2011 at 03:16 AM ----------

ya its happened a few time recently to me, and no matter how many times i knew it was a dream everytime i would wake myself i would wake up in the same dream. I was soo frusterated

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2011 at 03:20 AM ----------

while were on the topic of dream, I never experience extreme emotions in dreams, for example, I am getting chased and i am running away but there is no fear, never had a sexual dream ( another strong emotion) am i alone on the lack of emotions in dreams?