1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Writers Here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Half-Light, Nov 26, 2006.

1. nisomer

i suggest that the next ec talent contest be one that involves writing :wink:

2. Half-Light

(not taking offense) I'm not writing for material gain... I just think it would be nice to get published...it isnt my main goal...My main goal is to get what i want written...and then if people like what i write...i will hope to get it published...

3. Camikila

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I LOVE writing! lol. I'm completly obsessed with it and reading. A lot of my favourite things to read are slash and femmeslash fanfictions of Harry Potter. I also write a lot of fanfics too. I just recently got two poems published, well, technically three... two in the US, one in the UK. writing takes my mind off everything and sometimes i get so caught up in the emotion of a scene of something and I have to stop because it's so intense.
    on www.fanfiction.net my sn is PeanutButterOreoCookieGirl if you want to check out some of my older-non-updated stuff.

4. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had a poem and short story published in XY (not for money). That was a thrill, even though I hate XY. Got a lot of emails about the story.

I took a 1-year creative writing program that was fun and taught me a lot--I was in the poetry and lyric prose group, which is basically the group of people who write poetry and prose that is poetry-like... and I wrote a novella right before it during this contest we have in Vancouver (well anyone can do it but it's based in Vancouver) called the 3-Day Novel Contest. Anyway, I never thought I could write something that long but I work really well with deadlines so it worked out nicely.

I had this period in my life where I wrote a ton of what I think is really good poetry, but it's really personal so I'm not sure it's that accessible.

That being said, I don't think of myself as writer because that word has kinda negative connotations in my head but that's just me being silly. I'm a writer--but I'm a lot of other things too, and a lot of people treat being a writer like an obliterative identity (i.e. like you either are a writer and nothing else or you are simply a poseur). Kinda like people treat being gay, actually... which is funny because being gay for me is much more obliterative than being a writer. *grin*

5. Half-Light

I just added two poems to a thread and plan on posting some more...