1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any old souls out there?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BothWaysSecret, May 31, 2017.

1. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess i'm a bit of both. I like just as many modern things and values as i do what may be considered older things and values. Much of them i think are societal and not generational, or are worse with a particular group of people. My pet peeve is when customers don't show basic manners and don't even pick up after themselves. You pick up a shopping basket, you put it back where you found it don't leave it wherever you please for someone else to trip over. And when customers don't have basic manners - i say hello how are you etc and they ignore me completely half the time. I'll be honest the younger people are more friendly than the middle aged people nowadays. With the middle aged crowd it seems to be one extreme or the other. Young people will generally look up and say hello back at the very least.

And then of course there are the bad moms that go shopping with the kids that really should have just hired a sitter. Lots of mom's don't strap their kid into the cart - i've had to tell the child to sit myself or get the mother's attention so many times. Or they let them run wild, that bugs the hell out of me. I still tell the story of the mom who i had to tell twice that her 2 year old son had two handfuls of lighters before she finally got scared and turned around and took them away. And the people who just cross the road walking into a store without even looking, some of them not even on their phones. Just basic stuff like that. Have good manners, pay attention, and be polite. Everyone's all on their phones nowadays, even the parents. I much prefer to experience something rather than see it all through a video camera or a phone camera. Its like people are too self absorbed to say hello back, to look both ways before crossing (some with their kids!), to keep an eye on their kids, and shit like that.

I like chain stores and restaurants but i love the mom and pop stores we have locally. A good evening for me is just sitting in bed with a movie, as i am definetally not a party person. 25 and i've never touched a drop of alcohol in my life, i can't really understand how lots of people seem to think its integral to a good time.

2. sojabohnenfeld

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    These describe me:
    After taking a test at school once, of 19 students 18 were on their phones and I was reading a book. Someone asked me once what my "different social medias" were, and in my head I was just kind of like what, is my concrete presence not enough? I guess I could say I don't have millions of friends, but the friendships I have are really strong and to me they're priceless.

Answering the question, being me makes me very disconnected from today's world. Sort of? I feel like everyone my age socializes through things like snapchat, instagram and other things... everyone seems to be very social with each other, and living such busy lives. I feel like I get left out a lot, but do I? At least I don't have the burden of always needing views and likes for verification...

I'm not an antisocial person, but I think I just real world interaction and genuine relationships. Everyone my age seems so fake.

Sorry, if I wrote an essay. Stuff like has been creeping into my thoughts more and more often... it's really sad.

3. Ronintroy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What's​ real sad is, that people who ( especially younger) who believe in and follow these type of principals. Are a vanishing thing. With everyone so connected now, it's too easy to be something your not. Where in that face to face, genuine, personal contact and relationship seam to be getting lost.( And that's the saddest thing of all )..

4. FlowerOfLife

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's incredible how much I can relate to most things you wrote down!!!

I'm in love with books and love to enjoy the little things...most people don't understand how I can entertain myself with simply looking at people for hours and wondering through little streets...

I really like writing people letters...people I care about anyway. It has something way more personal to it than calling or sending emails.
    I have also always preferred to talk to people that are older than me.
    I'm quite an energetic person, but at the same time I like to have calm people around me, I like to be alone sometimes and have never related to the typical partying which people my age usually love.

I don't feel old though I must say...
    I just have a different conception of what being young means, and of how I want to enjoy that:slight_smile:

5. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with all of this. Especially being both modern and old-fashioned simultaneously

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2017 at 06:31 PM ----------

No truer words have ever been written. It's such a shame now that most kids are so fake and self centered

#25 BothWaysSecret, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2017
  6. gravegirl

I think I'm more of a young soul, I've kept that childlike wonder that we all had at one point. I do like some things that might make me an old soul though.. I love artifacts, old books, photos, coins etc from long ago and I feel connected to a lot of antique items. I also really love nature which could be seen as something an old soul would love, but I'm not sure. I tend to be very contemplative, and like to think in silence a lot and I like to read. I also have some premonition dreams and very vivid dreams of places I've never been sometimes if that has anything to do with it. I think it's a cool concept, even if I'm not an old soul.

7. Landon

Am I the only one that read this in a calm sweet innocent voice?!

Anyways, I am born in the 2000's but consider myself an old soul. Mostly, because I am a mature, spiritual, and calm, natural organic type of teenager