1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any good animes?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by whereamigoing, Jul 17, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Michiko to hatchin

Kill la kill

Mai hime

jigoku shoujo /hell girl

Shiki

Blood +

Tenjou tenge

2. mangotree

Astroboy (the original 80's / colour version)
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Teknoman (aka Tekkaman Blade)
    Mysterious Cities of Gold

3. Gregarity

Puella Magi and Kill la Kill oh god ye s great deconstructions of the magical girl genres and both protagonists are arguably but not obviously lgbt (such adorable lesbians save me).
    Kyoukai no Kanata stole my heart from its animation and wonderful story, and for being one of the few anime to have a straight ship that I'll sail to hell with.
    Another KyoAni production is Free! Iwatobi Swim Club: one part sports anime (swimming), three parts manservice (and it is very nice manservice), and seven parts homosexual subtext. I cannot deal with how cute some of the interactions between the characters are oh godd

4. iHateThinking

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is one of those must-watches in my opinion. It's just... So many feelings. So many.
    Kill la Kill is one of my recent faves. Tokyo Ghoul is pretty rad if you're into horror and are okay with blood and such.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is a classic and a must-watch as well. I hear awesome things about Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann too.

Akuma no Riddle also could have been very good I think, but the anime was really rushed and ended kind of blah. The animation is still pretty solid though and has a really awesome intro. The manga is going good right now too.

Stuff my friend recommended to me this season: A Certain Magical Index, Hanayamata, Akame ga Kill, and Aldnoah Zero (a mech anime by the same guy who wrote PMMM.) I also hear good things about Sword Art Online

Others that I haven't finished that are good are: Selector Infected WIXOSS, Black Lagoon & Mekakucity Actors.
    Honorable Mentions: Free! Iwatobi Swim Club

5. chrisV

If you don't mind yaoi, i suggest love stage. It's airing now, and it is really good.

6. Sorceress of Az

Steins Gate
    Madoka Magicka
    Attack on Titan
    Death Note
    Future Diary
    Shika
    Maria Holic

7. Budweiser

Attack on Titan was a personal recent favorite of mine. I like fucked up shit though.

8. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Death Note, Angel Beats, if you like gender bender Mayo Chiki

9. JustJJx

Attack on titan! :d

10. BelleFromHell

Panty & Stocking w/ Garterbelt.
    [​IMG]
    It only has about a dozen episodes, and it's pretty good, but totally NSFW, and don't get your hopes up for the ending. I watched the Japanese dub. All of the Engrish swearing makes it funnier. :grin:

InuYasha & Ranma 1/2.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Both are based off of manga of the same names, made by Rumiko Takahashi. These are especially good to watch if you're just getting into the anime world. InuYasha was my first anime, followed by Ranma 1/2. If you're into gender-bending stuff, Ranma 1/2 is a must. InuYasha has a lot of history references and horror, plus, they also add some humor. The English dubbing in both InuYasha and Ranma 1/2 is pretty good.

Pokemon: Indigo League.
    [​IMG]
    Need I say more? While the newer Pokemon episodes aren't bad, the original series beats it by a landslide. This is another good anime to watch if you're just getting into the otaku world. The English dub isn't horrible, although I think the Japanese dub is much better.

P.S. Be sure to check out the Japanese dub. There are episodes and a scene from the first movie that were banned by 4Kids. I especially recommend watching the first movie in Japanese. The character Mewtwo is given more depth. He is seen as more ambiguous than evil, and is more emotionally distraught than megalomanic. Masachika Ichimura's voice acting is amazing. There is also an episode where James wears inflatable breasts ("Beauty & the Beach" / EP 18), and, well, I'm sure you don't want to miss that.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    [​IMG]
    I'm sure you already know about this one, and I'm too lazy to explain anymore. Brotherhood > Original anime. It's packed with action, humor, and suspence. The animation is kick-ass. 'Nuff said.

11. Esper

• Bakemonogatari
    • Mononoke
    • Mushishi
    • Monster

12. stormborn

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, and it's sequel series, Magi: The Kingdom of Magic, are brilliant.

Pandora Hearts was a slightly dark, and slightly confusing, but great show.

if you like school-life animes, you could try Hyouka (my personal favourite anime) or Gin no Saji (which sounds a bit odd in the description, but is hilarious).

some gems that are still airing are Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (absolutely hilarious) and Zankyou no Terror (a very interesting series).

i would also recommend One Piece, but it is incredibly long :lol: Uchuu Kyoudai is also great though it is on the longer side too (99 episodes)

13. Shamash

HAS NOBODY RECOMMENDED FREE!?

Seriously, though, Free! has a pretty good story and very good male fanservice (nothing explicit).

Otherwise: other people have good reccomendations. Log Horizon, Death Note, Soul Eater, PMMM, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Oh! And I haven't seen Mirai Nikki mentioned yet so there's that too.