1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any climbers?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jargon, Mar 10, 2013.

1. jargon

Boulderers? Top-ropers? People who liked to climb trees sometimes when they were 6?

Personally, I've been bouldering my school's artificial climbing wall for a little over year and top-roping here and there when I have the chance. Looking forward to getting into outdoor bouldering in a few weeks when the snow starts to melt up here. :slight_smile:

Do any other LGBT people here climb? What're your experiences with attitudes of climbing-folk towards queer people?

2. Rogue

hey she knows im gay yet she still asked, its like she was trying to pull a joke on me.
    Innocently I Respectedly refused her =/

But the fact that she knows im gay and still asked me out... kinda upset me...
    Gay means same gender Reason why she thinks im gay is cause in a group of people there some girls i don't think I want to Date... so why did she ask??? I want to know as well.
    Still though, Because she knew and asked i thought that was silly of her and out anger and irretation i laughed >_> I couldn't help it.

That's not Rude..... Its her Problem she cant Understand what gay really means.
    (For me it means no Girls.) Well there are Girls I would do a lot to meet but It's a shame really... They wouldn't even think of me as someone they'd go out with =(

I dunno. My Situation is a huge confusion These days.

---------- Post added 10th Mar 2013 at 07:19 PM ----------

Which is why I'm here. ♥

3. jargon

Hmm I feel like that was directed towards a different thread somehow X)

Perhaps this is confirmation that people who aren't straight don't climb, le sigh

4. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

I top rope. Mostly at the wall at my school, but I've done some outside climbing while in high school and I will in my rock climbing class after spring break. I haven't gotten much into bouldering, but I would like to.

5. jargon

Oh and a fellow New Englander too! Any recommendations on good places to go top-roping that I ought to check out?

6. BornInTexas

I love climbing trees. I wonder what it would be like to have a date as an adventure in tree climbing. Anyone else's thoughts?

7. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

at Jargon: There are a lot of good places in the White Mountains in NH, I don't know specific names of places, but definitely a good area to check out.

at BorninTexas: I think tree climbing adventures could be an excellent date, as long as both people where into it.

8. BornInTexas

I just read what I wrote after one day. I feel like a hipster. LOL!

9. FJ Cruiser

I took up climbing a year and a half ago. I'm nothing special, climbing V-5 bouldering and 5-10b top roping, but I love it. I just started lead climbing since a couple of my friends just got a rope and quick draws, and we've been sport climbing around various rock faces around town. I just boulder around my university's wall.

10. UndercoverGypsy

I used to climb - bouldering and top roping. I was decent at it, but I stopped because lead climbing scares the shit out of me and because of that, I couldn't really continue. The rock gym in my city is really cool, though. They have pretty chill summer camps.

11. Bassplayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes! Other climbers! I boulder and sport climb. I got 18th in mens varsity last year at a state comp. I think most climbers are pretty indifferent as far as whether or not the person they're climbing with is gay or not. From watching other, out gay friends, it seems like the only reason they wouldn't want to climb with them is based solely on climbing ability. Most climbers are goofy and happy enough that sexuality doesn't faze them, from what I've seen and the people I've climbed with.

12. RainbowMan

I climb stairs, does that count? :grin:

13. BornInTexas

It should! =D

14. Akatosh

I climb trees and structures a lot. Generally, whatever is around me when I get the urge to climb something.

15. Harve

I live in an area (the Peak District) which is supposedly one of the best in Europe for traditional climbing with its gritstone, and to a lesser extent limestone. Lots of world class climbers live here.
    [YOUTUBE]U7dPa2MGqhE[/YOUTUBE]

This area is about 10 miles from me. 1.30 onwards is beyond mental and he was only 17 at the time...

Although I've tried climbing, I'm unfortunately a complete pussy for the more thrilling climbs. I've happily done scrambling or a via ferrata though. At least it's not caving.

16. Silver Sparrow

I have a friend who rock climbs, but she's not on EC.