1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CutieDang, Apr 13, 2021.

1. CutieDang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, i got a crush on a boy and also on a girl, at the same time.

I talked with the boy for a few days, but i realized that he's a softboy, so i stopped talking to him.
    I started talking with the girl before the boy because she was going to suicide, i stop her and i tried to talk about her reasons for commit that.

after a month talking, she got in love with me, but i am not sure about love her; for me, she is just a crush, but for her, i am the only person that supports her with depression. If i leave her, she will suicide, but i don't want her to do that.

She asked me for be her girlfriend, and i said yes just because anytime she could end her life.
    The boy was flirting with me, and i used to answer him because i still feel attracted.

What should i do?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The worst possible reason to get into a relationship with someone is because they say they will end their life if you don't. That's a form of manipulation that isn't going to end well.

If you genuinely like this person, that's one thing. But as the therapist to a friend of mine once said (about his dysfunctional relationship) "Do you want a boyfriend... or a project?"

Your suicidal friend needs help. You can help her find the help she needs, and if she is seriously considering suicide, you can call emergency services and they can take the steps to help her get the help she needs. But you're not obligated to stay in a relationship with her, or even to stay in contact.

As to whom you should date... it depends on who you feel the attraction to. And I'm referring to healthy attraction, not need to take care of them. :slight_smile:

BiGemini87 and Lemony like this.
  3. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What @Chip said: dating someone because you're afraid they're going to commit suicide isn't a good idea. It's not fair to you or her, especially if she doesn't know that's the reason you're with her. If she point-blank told you she'd kill herself if you rejected her, that is a very manipulative thing to do. I won't say she's a bad person, just that in her desperation and vulnerability, she made a bad choice by putting you in that situation.

I highly recommend talking to her about seeking professional help, any form of counselling that might help her through this stage in her life. If she rejects the idea and starts acting in more worrying ways, get in touch with whoever you can to help prevent her making a permanent decision for a temporary problem; whether that's her parents, other friends, trusted authority figures--whoever.