1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any advice for a possibly Bi teen?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ConfusedHobbit, Jul 8, 2015.

1. ConfusedHobbit

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi all, this is my first post here and I was wondering if anyone could help me.
    I'm really confused about my sexual orientation. I've identified as bisexual for about three years now but I'm really starting to question it.
    It seems that I'm more attracted to women than men but usually only in a romantic way, I would rarely want to pursue a sexual relationship with them. I still feel attracted to some men but I would consider both a sexual and romantic relationship with them rather than one or the other.

I really have no idea what to identified as any more and I hope that someone out there can offer me a bit of advice.

2. DAXIII

You can be bi with a preference.

That aside, just boil it down to you like what you like and leave it at that. You don't have to label yourself if you feel nothing fits your description.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bisexual with a preference works. Realistically speaking, any label can work as long as you are being true to yourself. I identify as Kinsey 3-5 because some days I feel gay and somedays I do not. Fluidity is something I struggled with for a long time, so I would tell people that I like guys and girls too, then they can label me however they would like.

Mostly gay is where I'm usually at, but I won't deny that I have some attractions to girls as well. It's a part of me that even now I have a difficult time accepting.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    It seems to me that you romantically prefer women and sexually prefer men, but that you can be romantically and sexually attracted to both? That would make you bisexual and biromantic, usually just called bisexual.
    However, if the preferences are very strong, such as for example if you have no sexual attraction to females whatsoever, that would make you a heterosexual biromantic (with a romantic preference toward women in your case).

Can I ask, have you ever been with a woman and/or man romantically and/or sexually? Sometimes we discover "oh, I think I guessed a bit wrong about my preferences."
    Not that I'm saying you have guessed wrong, but I'm just wondering if you have tried it out?

I'm pan. Guys, gals, trans or cis, non-binaries, bring it on! At least sexually (not sure about romance).
    But that doesn't mean I don't have preferences or things that I like very much or things that I think aren't very attractive. For example, I think FtM's and tomboys (not at all connected, I might add just for the sake of clarity) are often super cute <3 That's a 'preference' of mine.
    Pansexual is more of a macro-level label that fits well, it's the best-fit definition I've yet to encounter to describe my sexual and romantic attractions. But that doesn't mean there isn't more to me or that there isn't any 'wiggle room' for liking certain things more or less.

Choose what label you're comfortable with!

I understand, if you're unsure of your feelings, you might want to reconsider your label. Well, try to be sure of your feelings first. Take your time and try to relax. When you're sure, you can pick a new label if you want to.

All the best~

5. ConfusedHobbit

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been with both men and women romantically but not sexually. When I was with my first girlfriend everything just seemed to click and it was amazing but I've always felt awkward when I'm in a relationship with a man, not too sure if that's just me or not. Thank you for all your help, I might have to go do a bit of research now.

6. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just go with the flow and allow yourself to feel attracted to whomever you feel attracted to. A label can wait.