1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Another Unqualified Trump Appointee

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by mnguy, Jun 28, 2017.

1. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Probably a Mike Pence pick like so many others.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...15faee4b0c85b96c65bb8?section=us_queer-voices

Abstinence-only sex education is not effective and shouldn't be called education. People who oppose abortion should be all for accurate information about and free access to birth control which are proven to reduce unintended pregnancies which reduces abortions. It's also important to educate about preventing STIs resulting in healthier people and reduced healthcare costs. Accurate information about gender identity and sexual orientation should be part of education to reduce bullying and self-hate which sometimes leads to depression and suicide. Of course she won't support such factual information. People like her think that by not talking about these realities, people won't have sex until marriage, won't be gay or be transgender and all will be wonderful. Nothing like putting your head in the sand.

2. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    From my personal experience, abstinence only sex-ed does nothing but harm those who are being subjected to it. I had to go through it back in 8th grade and for a few years, I was taught and believed all kinds of horribly inaccurate things like how condoms don't actually do anything to protect you from STDs. Aside from that, the teacher I had during it publicly accused a student in my class for being addicted to masturbation because of a simple question about if it was truly unethical.

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really don't understand their line of thinking, it feels almost like sabotage to put the most incompetent in charge and let it spread and fester.

"Yeah! This totally worked last time, and all the other times, what could possibly go wrong?"

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Too bad we didn't get Hilary.

5. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know, I can't understand how so many people thought trump actually cared about poor and working people or would make wise decisions. Hillary wasn't my ideal candidate, but she certainly wouldn't be picking anti-LGBT judges, cabinet people and making policies that hurt us and other marginalized people.

This administration is so worried about leaks. Well, stop doing illegal, unethical stuff and they will have nothing to worry about. Actually be honest and transparent and there will be nothing to leak. People don't have to hide good and honest things.

6. kaugummy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i wish i wasn't hearing this kind of news from a country that is supposed to be the leader of the free world

7. CyclingFan

8. StarRunner

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Studies have always shown that proper education about sexuality reduces risky behaviour and saves money in health costs. It's important to discuss these issues with young people in a safe environment where they can ask questions and get proper information. It's unfortunate but there are still a lot of parents who don't talk to their kids about sex, and would prefer to believe in the Abstinance Fairy. It just leaves them questioning and getting wrong information and having to deal with the unintended consequences like pregnancy and STD's. It's sad to believe that this is still happening in 2017.

The main problem with the pro-life movement is that it believes the woman as nothing more than a vessel to give birth to the fetus. At our abortion clinic, pro-lifers spit on women entering the clinic, swear at them and brandish their rosaries in their faces.

The pro-life movement is concerned about life from the moment of conception until birth. After that they they have no concern about thelife of the mother. Where are the pro-lifers after an unwanted child is born and the mother is overwhelmed, suffering from depression? How is a mother supposed to raise a child when she has no income because her partner left her when she became pregnant? Will pro-lifers pay for expensive daycare so she can work and become self sufficient? Will they pay for the child's education and college? Will they ensure that both mother and child have food on the table and enough money to pay the rent? Will they ensure the mother and child have affordable housing in a safe neighbourhood? Will they pay for the costs of a therapist to help her cope with stress and depression? Will they babysit the child when the mother needs to leave the house for appointments, or take a night to herself?

A civilized society should never force a woman to go through a pregnancy against her will, especially when it condemns her to a life of poverty and hardship, both for herself and her child. In my last post, Women are fragile when they are making these decisions. They need to consider all the prospects of raising a child and whether they have the capacity to do it with all the love, care, and dedication it involves. No one has the capacity to determine that any woman has the mental health or stamina to go through a pregnancy to suit the self righteous morals of others. When abortion is illegal, and when women become desperate, they will find other options such as unsafe, back alley abortions. Personally, I have faith in women. They make the best posible decisions after careful thought to ensure that every child is a wanted child and a healthy child.

9. GalleyGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Frankly I think in most countries sexual education is not covering enough. For instance I had literally no idea how gay people had sex until I read a helpful book about it, which basically just worked through the facts and dismissed all the taboos, as well as warning about the protection needed. Moreover, I used to assume gay people didn't need protection because no one was going to get pregnant, OBVIOUSLY something that needed correcting. The idea that now they're restricting it further frankly scares me.

10. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people