1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anonymous Forum - Is it supposed to do this?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by AKTodd, Mar 2, 2013.

1. AKTodd

So, yesterday I replied to a post on the Anonymous forum and, when I previewed my post before sending, it still showed my signature line (which I had just added yesterday as well).

Given that this section is supposed to be anonymous, is the system supposed to do that? Is it just an artifact of the preview system and it gets wiped in the process of being posted? Or is this sort of a DADT thing where the convention is we just all pretend not to see these things?

I ended up just posting the reply as myself since I had more or less flipped a coin on responding anonymously or not and didn't care that much either way. But I thought I should ask the staff about it.

Thanks!

Todd

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

It must be an artifact of the preview system. Anonymous posts are posted under an entirely different account from yours, so if they have any signature, it's going to be the signature of the anonymous account (which doesn't have one), definitely not your signature. And speaking only for myself, I've never seen someone's signature be attached to their anonymous posts, so I doubt it'll ever happen.

3. Ianthe

I would assume that the preview is still under your account, and it's only when it posts that it puts it under the anonymous account.

4. AKTodd

Thanks Owen and Ianthe! That tells me what I need to know.

Todd:slight_smile: