1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An extraordinary day

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by greatwhale, May 9, 2013.

1. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Greetings folks,

Today is my 20th wedding anniversary.

As my wife and I are still legally married, but separated, we can say we've been "married for 20 years (of hard marriage)".

My day started rather ordinarily, but as I was walking to work this morning, I got a text from the guy I met on Tuesday. That's when the floodgates opened...:dry:

We texted back and forth almost non-stop until 4:30 this afternoon (when the phone battery died). Around midday, I meekly pleaded for a time-out to get some work done, that didn't last long... :icon_bigg...honestly I don't know how he got away with all the time it took him to text me.

We talked about my divorce, about love, relationships...he pranked me by saying that he needed to get married right away because he would be deported in 3 months and I had to hurry the divorce...:dry:...taken aback, I neither said yes nor no...he must have been in tears laughing his ass off...I like that, when someone teases you, there's real affection there...

During our texting marathon, my youngest sister called me. She is the only one of my three sisters that I haven't come out to yet. She has issues with OCD and I wanted to do this carefully, but I was in such a state that I stepped out of the office and came out to her then and there (we had such a laugh! And of course, she fully supports me).

Right after this, our texting just picked up where we left off! He congratulated me on coming out to my sister...and we just kept going and going, my phone battery slowly but surely waning...

I loved it (with the appropriate guilt added in for basically not working optimally)! At one point I said I didn't want to text him too much because I was afraid of disturbing him; he said the same thing! :lol: it didn't matter...

Ugh, I am giddy like a teenager! And I am certain that our communicating will resume later this evening...

I wish this feeling for all of you, I wish that you all find someone who is willing to bend time for you, and to make things happen...what a ride! (!)

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations with coming out to your sister :slight_smile: It sounds like it is going well with this Guy, he sounds like a nice Guy, I think my dating days are a long way off Lol
    maybe one day :slight_smile:

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, not a long way off, Dublin Boy! I predict with reasonable certainty that it will happen for you this summer (nothing to base it on, other than to put that thought into your head :icon_bigg)!!!!!

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lol, the thought is now there :slight_smile:

5. Dufflepud

That sounds awesome! I hope this goes well for you, and keep us updated! xD

6. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations, both on how things are going with this guy, and also coming out to your sister. Wouldn't it be great if he was Mr. Right?

---------- Post added 9th May 2013 at 05:33 PM ----------

X2.:tears:

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks BMC77; God knows, but we are getting along very nicely and we are looking in the same direction. Anything can happen, I am sharing it with you to lift our spirits, not bring you down!

I will take your X2 tears and divide it by 16, so that all that is left is just enough to keep your eyes moist. Then, I will add hope and change into your equation, and square it for good measure.

Keep faith, BMC77!...I have endured a very long time of marital misery; things change, you'll change; and that is what keeps us going!

8. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :eek:That sounds like MATH!:eek:

Seriously, thanks.

Being realistic, I guess in my rational moments, I don't feel like I'm ready to date. A part of me wishes otherwise...especially with summer nearly here, and the thought of the things I could do if I had a boyfriend... But, as I say, I'm not ready, and I guess it's better to wait until the time is right, than push and get a bad result. Maybe one day...

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A good friend once told me: "The wise man stays out of the trouble the smart man has to get out of"

You have to be ready for this, and you will be. Nothing stays the same for any of us, you will find your mate, keep the faith!

10. Ohana

That's so fantastic! I've had a crap day and that made me smile. I'm genuinely happy for you and hopeful for myself. Thank you and I hope you get to text all night!!