1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by danielle17, Nov 7, 2019.

1. danielle17

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been feeling miserable for the past 3 years and I have hid it from everyone I know. I feel like a girl, but I like girls. All the people I hang out with are female. When I dream and imagine myself I can only see myself female. I hate my body.

I haven't expressed my feeling to my transfobic family. I just don't know what to do. I like what my face looks like after makeup. Am I trans and should I come out, or am I just crazy?

2. antaeus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd recommend thinking more about what it means to you to feel like a girl, how you feel best identifying, and what would make you feel better about your body. When I was questioning, I kept a spreadsheet of how my dysphoria fluctuated, how it manifested itself, if I was doing anything to alleviate it that day (e.g. binding, packing), and my mood in general; that helped me to reassure myself that presenting male and physically transitioning were good choices for me. I'd recommend experimenting a lot with expression (in private if necessary), and if you have anyone whom you'd trust to support you, maybe ask them to use your preferred name or different pronouns.

Also, don't worry about liking girls. There are a lot of trans lesbians, it doesn't mean anything about your gender.

3. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, don’t feel bad about identifying as female and being attracted to females, you’re not alone.

Secondly, if your biologic family is so toxic and negative about trans issues, cut them. Yes, I know that sounds harsh, and it’s probably not the thing that you’d want to hear, but trust me, you cutting family out is a lot less painful than family cutting you out(trust me on this).

Third, the dreaming as female cam be a huge guiding force in the coming to terms with ones Transness.geanted with me, the dreams before my revelation were about me spending my life with a beautiful woman, but whose face was always obscured to me. Until that night at karaoke when I JD “Girl moded” it, and had my:
    “I feel good like this.”
    “Is this who I am?”
    “Holy [expletive removed], this is me.”
    “I’ve got to tell work...”

moment.

(It also hadn’t helped things that I’d been sort of stealthing it a little bit by wearing cute, unpadded bra in the time leading up to that revelation)

4. danielle17

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you.