1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I too skinny to be found attractive?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RGX Guy, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Beebo

Am I the only one that thinks that skinny is kind of an offensive word... you hardly ever hear it as a compliment (atleast on the male side of things). I prefer the word Thin.

Skinny is to thin, as fag is to gay? <------------ thats kinda how I see it.

RGX, you are thin, not skinny.

2. Beebo

just get a big and heavy boyfriend to protecct you.

3. Alexander

^^
    hehe, that's good advice. I shall remember it. :grin:

I'm 5'6" and 130 lbs. too chubby for my liking, but it doesn't stop meh. don't let skinny stop you either. :slight_smile:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never considered "skinny" to be offensive. "Slender" and "thin" both sound nicer, sure. But there are much worse terms to bandy about for our thin brethren. There's probably a lot more for overweight people, though.

...and no, this isn't an invitation to start listing them. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. kramer362

That always pissed me off. Kids are self-conscious enough at that age that it's not necessary for people (especially adults!) who should act like adults to point out being thin in such a rude way. If I had a gun at your age I would have been tempted to shoot every person who ever said "eat something! you look anorexic!" to me. I fully support anyone criticized for being skinny to immediately call the criticizer on any physical insecurity they might have. Overweight, short, ugly, etc. Follow it up by saying "oh sorry was that rude?"

By the way, skinny people usually end up filling out at least some, though it can take years. At 6 feet tall, I was about 140 lbs in high school, and 4 years later I'm about 160 lbs. Not exactly a monster but I don't get called "too skinny" anymore, although maybe that's because people have developed some fucking manners.

6. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

I'm only 120 lbs. It's great, I LOVE being small! And I find small guys attractive, too. I also like my muscle man :slight_smile: I can only imagine the kinds of things he could do with my light self.

7. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like skinny types, as well as big muscled ones.

I'm 5'10'', about 135. To add to the thing I'm hairy.

Yes, it has given me trouble. No one seems to like it. I've actually had people tell me I was too skinny to be attractive.

8. darkestknight

Lol, I thought of the same thing. Get a big and heavy boyfriend (lol, and me is finding chubs) for all that.

Yes, you can find a lot too for "thin". :slight_smile:

Phwttt... my step-aunt kept asking me "why are you so thin??" ... annoying question. I was about to ask her "why are you not married??" because she ISN'T. :slight_smile:

As I may have know, I'm lightweight. A chubby boyfriend or a stronger girlfriend could snap me into two. :eek:

9. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    God, do I know what this is like.
    I'm 6"1 and on a good lucky break 140.
    One time I and a group of my friends went out to the Renaissance fair and some random woman walking by ran into me and was like "My God, here, have this turkey leg, you need it more than I do! It'll fatten you up!" She literally shoved the thing into my hand and walked off.
    My friends thought it was the funniest thing in the world.
    I felt like sh!t, to be honest. No one had ever poked fun at me for my weight before, but when that happened I realized everybody had probably been noticing it all along. I realize that some of why they laughed had to do with how random the encounter was, but yeah. I'm really skinny. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#29 gentlegiant4, Jul 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  10. SamAlex728

I definitely agree. I like muscles, like abs and toned arms, but thats about it. The guys that are terribly ripped kinda disgust me. There are few exceptions. I really like the tall and skinny/lean guys.

11. Jace

i like skinny fit defined guys

so no huge muscles just defined ads and chests
    mmmmm

i went to schlitterbahn (waterpark in texas, for those who dont know) the other day and i saw alot of that :slight_smile:))) yummy

12. Kimi

I'm 5"7 somewhere around 171 or 172 cm and weight around 133 or 60 kg.

I'm not thin at all. I just don't have much fat. I still have muscles:slight_smile:

I think in the US people tended to like big muscles(just like they like big thirsty muscle cars or Texas or humongous houses) but not all of us are big muscular tall guy so I think you don't need to worry about being skinny. If you don't feel comfortable being skinny you can just work out and gain some muscle. It's easier to gain muscle since you don't need to burn tons of fat first.

And I think if you don't have a eating disorder or sick and someone called you skinny or thin, I think it means you look healthy. I think people tends to think being called thin or skinny is bad if you are guy but I'd rather be weight 133 lb with some definition than weight 180 lb and muscles are covered by fat.

I think you just need to worry about if you like the way your body looks now or not:slight_smile:

13. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

Yay. I feel better now. ^-^
    Especially since most people like slim guys it seems. :grin:

14. Kimi

Glad to hear that:slight_smile:

If you are 15 yo, 5"8 tall and weighted 180lb, pure muscles.........I think I'll freak out:lol:

No offence, people!

15. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

Lol. I actually like guys like that though.
    Maybe I'm just weird. Haha.

16. TyraBanksIsFierce

skini ppl r hawt :wink:

17. Leigh

Leigh Guest

attractive to who??! everybody has different things they find attractive so dont stress about what people say to you.
    just make sure that you are healthy and not underweight, and then be happy that you have such a fantastic metabolism!!!! :grin: