1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only gay person who doesn't like abortion?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Caudex, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Eatthechildren

cndom break??//?
    NoH
    CondM nEVr bReak
    Girls Who gET pregS R irREspoNsible
    IrrESponSIbl must B PUnish

2. Devious Kitty

For the record, I just wanted to point out that the "stupid/ignorant people should be punished" mentality is extraordinarily condescending and cruel. Ignoring the horrid methods necessary for something like that to be enforced, I personally find just the idea of punishing ignorance or mistakes sickening and unethical. Its this sort of mentality that has lead to things like the quite horrible and inefficient US prison system. I don't want to be mean or rude to the people here who have stated such views, I just think you should re-evaluate your positions. <3

With that out of the way, I'd agree with everyone else here that no one really likes abortion. But liking abortion is different from being pro-choice.

3. [YOUTUBE]Uk6t_tdOkwo[/YOUTUBE]

4. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i legit laughed at this ily

5. Eatthechildren

u r welcom fren

6. Alexander69

I can't say I like it but its none o my business what another person does with their body. To tell someone they can't is taking away their rights of freedom. Sometimes there are reasons to abortiok either the woman can't carry the child without dying or the baby will die when it's born and it will be traumatizing.

7. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But it's not her body. It's her baby's. Just because her baby is inside her doesn't give her the right to kill it, any more than Eng Bunker had the right to kill his brother Cheng.

I support medically necessary abortion, by which I mean cases where the mother has a significant probability of dying if she doesn't abort. But other than that, the problems solved by abortion can virtually always be solved just as well by putting the baby up for adoption.

But I'm not going to be picketing any abortion clinics. My approach is to try to make abortion unnecessary.

8. Alexander69

But if a woman had a Chlild there is always that bond then. So she would always miss the child. That's not fair to the mother. What if she couldn't financially support the child and it would starve? Like in Africa? Innocent children SUFFER and die becuase of malnutrition and disease. Some would say "well stop the diseases" but the thing is woman get paid money to have sex and more money for unprotected sex so they can support there family and then they get aids and die and then the children have sex for money or die also it's repetitive.

9. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be fair, everyone that has sex knows (or should) that there are risks involved including the condom breaking. I definitely appreciate the viewpoint that people should be held responsible for their activities. At the same time, I also appreciate the view that women should have the right to get an abortion.

It's a complex issue.

10. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Also putting it up for adoption can and does make the problem worse. Like the time when one girl got pregnant, became attached to the kid, and killed herself b/c of the grief of having to give it up for adoption.

11. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Still no takers?

12. Vesper

Agreed on all points. No one likes abortion (at least, I HOPE not), but many do want it to be legal and safe so that those who need it can have it done by professionals in a safe and discreet manner. I'd say the same people who are pro-choice are also pro-life in the sense that we want there to be quality sex education in schools and widespread availability of contraceptives so that there can be fewer abortions and fewer unwanted kids.

13. Femmeme

I think history has pretty clearly shown that when you outlaw abortion the punishment will be death by coat hanger, despite whatever the laws themselves may say.

14. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I would think shame alone would condemn you. But again, my experience, you probably don't have it to begin with.

Aside from that, I can't think of an appropriate punishment should it be fully outlawed. But I don't believe such a thing will occur.

15. Devious Kitty

Technically speaking, the fetus is a parasite, and thus it really is up to her what should be done with her body. I realize this sounds like a absurd statement, but its true. Its not something conscious or sentient (at least not until a certain point.) It isn't a human being. Certainly it is a potential human baby, but really every egg and sperm is a potential baby. What is the real difference? Can you tell me? Not to mention that "abortions" happen naturally more often than not. Some suggest that around 70-75% of conceptions miscarry.

And of course, your statements here seem to of forgotten issues like rape. From your logic here, do we allow rape victims to abort? And if so, why?

16. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm pro-life. That person everyone on here hates LOL

17. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah...I can't stand abortion. It honestly makes me sick. :/

18. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What would life be like for a child who only exists because society felt as though they had to be born in order to punish their parents?

19. Ticklish Fish

let's not forget kids who are born into whatever hell the parents made them....

or kids born who are rejected by parents (for whatever reason, you can probably put being gay here, like that one video posted some time ago?)

or kids who have really strained relationship by parents whose mentality is not that wise?

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let's imagine, for the sake of argument, that abortion could be outlawed.

Then what should happen? The women who have them anyway will be sentenced to frowny faces?