1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I right?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RH5893, Feb 24, 2007.

1. RH5893

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well a few months ago I came out to one of my best friends that i have known for a long time. I knew that i had to choose who i could really trust with this and knew the consiquences of a negative reaction. But the real reason was that i liked him and he even kissed me once out of nowhere but never wanted to talk about it. anyway i told him i was gay and he told a friend of mine that i introduced him to. so the next day i got the most horrible looks and comments and found that she spread it around the whole school! so in the end i actually forgave him after he told me it was a big misunderstanding and also had to that i wasnt gay so he wouldnt do the same thing again as of now i really dont trust him and neither does my school after i told every one that this whole thing was a joke. But i was wondering if i am completely horrible for my actions (if i didnt lose your interest half way through:grin: ) :confused:

2. ampthejazz

Wait.... why would you be horrible for your actions? You didn't break anyone's trust, you didn't do anything wrong. Dude, you're not to blame for anything.

The ending part is a little bit unclear to me. Did you say that you made him tell people that you actually aren't gay? Maybe I just didn't get something.

3. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    I think that basically RH told everybody after that it was all some kind of joke and so his 'friend' really can't be trusted by anyone any more. Unfortunately people are like this though, as I found out last week. A little bit of gossip and people you have trusted with knowledge which can either make or break you can turn on you in a flash.

Needless to say the person I came out to, the person who swore to me that it would go no further has passed it on and I won't be speaking to him again for a very long time. It's not the fact that he spread about my sexuality, it's that he broke my trust and if your friend has done the same then there's no reason for you to feel the slightest bit guilty, no matter what.

4. RH5893

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok well im glad no one is on his side (yet) but i focused everyone's attention on him by telling people that he was gay and i felt aweful and that got me wonderin if i even deserve peoples trust or not...

:icon_sad:

#4 RH5893, Feb 24, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  5. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    well to be honest in my opinion it serves him right, for breaking your trust in the first place. Come on, if you're put on the spot you are gonna do everything in your power to wriggle out of it... and so what if people think he's gay now. There's worst things to be :wink: