1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I ready for a relationship? Is online dating a good starting point?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Belkeseri18, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Belkeseri18

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have never dated anyone. I have learned to be happy as a single man. I enjoy being by myself, and I enjoy the relationships with friends I have. I want that deeper, more intimate relationship with another person. Does that feeling of wanting a deeper relationship mean I'm ready? Having never dated anyone, I have no idea where to start. Some of my girl friends, from school have suggested online dating, but I don't know if that is a good way to find someone. Any advice?

2. mikey1345

mikey1345 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's only one way to find out! But longing for that intimate connection makes it sound like you are. Good luck! I hope it all works out:slight_smile: I've never tried online dating, but I have a few friends who have done it and its wired for some off them!

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm okay with online dating, providing you remain open minded and don't go into it expecting to meet the person of your dreams at the first attempt. Best to go on the date (in a public place first) and see how things go, but don't build your hopes up too high.

All I can say is it worked for me... eventually :slight_smile:

4. DangerAlex

You're probably ready for a relationship. There's nothing wrong with online dating provided that you're cautious and have realistic expectations. Personally, I've never done it because I don't really trust it, but there are also a lot of success stories and people who swear by it, so it could be worth a shot. It would also give you the opportunity to just talk, get to know each other, and sort of feel each other out before meeting. That would probably take some of the pressure off your first date ever. But also try meeting and talking to people in real life; you can meet amazing people in everyday and unexpected places.

Good luck!