1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I over reacting?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Pinky, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Pinky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I sent a close friend of mine a video that I thought was funny and wanted to share but I feel very offended from how she responded...I feel like she just disregarded how I felt to try to make her point that she didnt like and want to watch...or am I over reacting about this?

The convo:

Me: *sends link*
    "give me 15 seconds"
    is that legit in the script?
    LOOLIRL

Her:
    I don't like watching buzz feed stuff. LOL

Me:
    k nvm then

Her:
    I don't think it's funny.

Me:
    forget i sent it then

2. Embi

Embi Guest

Well not everyone likes the same stuff. It's okay. My friends told me they hate most of the music I listen to. I still listen to it but I don't have to do it when I'm with them. It's that easy. So she told you that she doesn't like buzzfeed? Fine, don't send her buzzfeed stuff anymore and laugh about other things. I don't think it's a big deal.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She doesn't sound like the most empathic or considerate person.

That said, if this were a one-time incident I wouldn't pay much attention to it. People have arbitrary reasons why they do or don't do this or that, so I wouldn't attach a lot of meaning to it. I doubt her intent was to offend you, she just sounds a little self-absorbed.

4. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    what I think is that she wasnt really being mean or whatever. I think you just overreacted. All she said was that she didnt like buzzfeed stuff.

5. Pinky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I realize you can not like buzzfeed stuff but I guess how she tried to get her point across was kind of dry. So that is why it is bothering me.

---------- Post added 23rd Apr 2016 at 03:40 PM ----------

I know people don't like the same stuff. That is fine. Everyone likes different things and I respect that. I guess I'm just bothered because of how she regarded it. It felt kind of inconsiderate the way she brought it up to me.

---------- Post added 23rd Apr 2016 at 03:43 PM ----------

I'm trying to let it go. I'm not normally one to get bothered by things like this. I realize people have their reasons but the way she brought it up was kind of rude to me.