1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I just gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Curiousfox, May 30, 2017.

1. Curiousfox

So I always thought I was bisexual but ever since I started seeing a guy I've completely lost interest in girls. I mean I don't even feel interest in female contact none! I automatically freindzone girls. I have more interest in guys(typically slightly effeminate ones) I've just never been really deep into relationships until I started seeing other guys. So I'm a little confused

2. Angus44

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey Curiousfox, I'm not an expert by any means but, from what I understand, sexuality can change over time. Maybe you are gay at the moment but that could change in the future. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wouldn't worry. Just be comfortable with who you are and who you love. Again, there are probably others on this website who could give you a more informed recommendation but that's just my two cents. Good luck!
    -Gus

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Curiousfox,

Only you can ever actually know your own sexuality.

I‘ll offer some thoughts. First, many bisexuals experience fluctuations in their romantic and sexual attractions over time. There is no scientific proof of this, but there is plenty of anecdotal evidence – including in threads here on EC – that demonstrate this. So, one possibility may be that you are still bi, but currently experiencing greater attractions to men at the moment.

Another possibility may be that since you currently have a boyfriend, you are totally focusing your romantic and sexual attractions at him, to the exclusion of others – females in this case.

Yet another possibility, of course, may be the one that you yourself posed. It is possible that you have been dealing with some internalized homophobia and shame. If that’s the case, you may have been trying to convince yourself that you are bi because the idea that you might actually just be gay is unacceptable to you. Perhaps if you check out this blog and this one, you may find some information that could provide you some insights.

If it becomes an issue that intrudes significantly on your daily life, maybe you should consider finding a counselor who can help you more directly with understanding your sexuality.

Just some thoughts.:slight_smile:

4. Curiousfox

Well its more over caused issues with my brother "who was fine with me being bi but now dislikes being around me because he says I'm just gay", we were close growing up and now we haven't spoken in weeks and we live in the same house. I feel more comfortable with other guys my current relationship is much more intimate, and I feel happier with him than any girl I've ever been with

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Curiousfox,

If the main cause is harassment from your brother, it sounds like it could really be that you are experiencing shame and some internalized homophobia.

Is your brother calling you gay because you currently have a boyfriend and seem consider yourself more attracted to men than women?