1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I in the wrong here ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Nov 3, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I got sick over the weekend, and I have the cold . Today I asked my dad to buy me some cold medicine ,because I have trouble breathing , and I gave him my credit card so he can buy my medicine with it . When he and my mom got back I heard my mom brought the medicine for me, and they did not used my card . So today my cell phone bill is due , and i have to pay our cable bill after this week . So according to my mom because my meds cost 18 dollars I have to give her 60 dollars for her being so kind enough to by it for me .
    I told her I refuse to pay it ,and she isn't getting a cent from me . So the house had a big uproar about how I'm refusing to pay what I owe ; Now I have been pretty freaking nice to my parents even though they treat me like shit , I gave my mom over 2000 to help her pay her bills she even borrowed money, and never paid me back and so did my dad as well . My dad also took a card that I got from a contest I entered it gives you 100 dollars on it . I took it to buy some clothes I only spent 40 dollars and gave my dad the 60 to buy a new phone , because his old one wasn't working . And he has the nerve to call me selfish and say I don't pay anyone back and I'm such a bad person .
    Am I wrong here to be upset ?
    Don't worry guys I'm moving out so I wouldn't have to put up with this shit for long .:dry:

#1 stocking, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  2. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If they didn't use your card, and you gave it to them, I don't think you were in the wrong. If they'd asked for just the 18 dollars they spent on the medicine, that would be fair enough, but it's not right for them to ask for 60 :/

3. Hexagon

You're perfectly within your rights to be upset. I'm sorry, it doesn't sound like you're having a good time living with them.

4. Yosia

You are not in the wrong at all in this. You gave them your card, asking them to use it and they didn't, and they have the cheek to ask you for more than you owe them. That to me is disgusting to do to anyone, let alone your child.

Anyone would feel upset if they had suffered what you have, so you definitely are not in the wrong. I have seen quite a few of your posts on EC and have learned how toxic your house is, obviously there is obstacles stopping you moving out but I recommend it happens soon, as it will only affect you negatively if you continue living there, especially if your parents think they can get away with things like this, it actually disgusts me.

//virtual cuddles :3

5. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    that is so wrong ! they should have used your card to buy the medicine and thats it . You did not ask them to pay for it them selves and that is what I would tell them and say look here is the 18 thats it you owe me $ ------ and you don't hear me screaming and throwing a fit to get it back . So this is the last time I offer it you don't take it this time that is your fault!

6. Blossom85

I agree with the others, if you gave them your card and they choose not to use it and instead paid for it with their own money, then you aren't in the wrong.. If you had asked for them to pay for it till you had enough money to pay them back, that would be different, but giving them your credit card indicates you have the funds and are willing to let them use your card for them to pay for your medication with your own money..

7. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your parents failed to follow the instructions! I don't think they should be asking for more than 18 dollars. The most compensation they could possibly be expecting would be travel costs if they only went there to buy medicine and that would be jerkish because it isn't as if you asked them to buy something silly. It seems they care much more about themselves than about you. 42 dollars for fuel would be excessive anyway. They're being petty if they want you to pay them for a little time.

I hope I'm wrong, but my first thought was they saw it as an opportunity to pretend to forget to use your card and now they're trying to guilt-trip you into giving them more money. Maybe they're trying to grab some extra cash before you leave. Your parents have a bad credit score with you. They're also very difficult to live with. It's justified to be upset about their selfish behaviour. I think they know exactly what they're doing and it would be almost impossible to convince them to be reasonable anytime soon.