1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MercuryLampe, Jun 6, 2011.

1. MercuryLampe

Er, first off, I'm sorry for asking so many questions here... I'm not good at handling things on my own... >_<

Okay...so my problem is that I'm in a relationship with a wonderful girl, and she's really the sweetest thing, but I feel like I might be doing something wrong. It always seems like she's annoyed with me or just wants me to go away... I've talked to her about it, and she's insisted that she's not mad or anything, but I don't know...I mean, she was the one that asked me out, so I figured that she must not be too annoyed by me, but it's the way she acts around me... Like, it's the look on her face. I'm so self conscious that I'm being too clingy... Ugh.
    And...I don't really know how to act around her. We're both mostly closeted, but the few people that we told about our relationship have told other people, so it seems like half the school knows now. She doesn't want it getting around anymore, but we hadn't been acting any differently, so I don't know if she wants to not hang out during school, or what...

Also, we've been going out for almost 2 months now, and we've only hung out after school once, and it wasn't even a real "date." I've been trying to schedule a real date for a while, and she agrees to the date and time, but when the day actually comes up, she cancels last minute. I don't know if I should keep scheduling, or if that would make me too pushy... She seems to want to go out after school, but she always has last minute things that pop up.

I don't even know what to do anymore... I feel like I'm just this burden on her, and I'm always worried that she'll break up with me any day now... I really, really like her, and I want our relationship to last a long time... I just don't know how to act anymore.

Does anyone have any advice? :slight_smile:

2. ToTheCeilingFan

I've never been in a relationship before, but it sounds like neither of you are too happy with the current situation. Part of the problem might be that you're both closeted, and thus somewhat restrained in terms of how much time you can spend together and how you can act around each other. It sounds like you're much more interested in saving this relationship than she is; it's possible that she's simply uncomfortable with her orientation and is projecting these feelings on you (just a guess). I know you've talked about this a little already, but you might want to bring it up again and bring up the things you mentioned here. Good luck and sorry I couldn't be more help.(*hug*)

3. MercuryLampe

Thanks for the reply! I have thought about talking to her about this, but my biggest fear is that she'll say "Then let's just break up," or something like that >_< Knowing her, she wouldn't be that blunt, but I'm just...paranoid >_<

I'll try to push aside my paranoia and talk to her!