1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a terrible person?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by questions4ever, Aug 4, 2018.

1. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So my guess is this is semi mental health related, semi just being a person in a relationship related, and semi sexuality related. Sooo I've been dating this guy for almost a year. We are both bi though he tends to prefer girls and I realllly tend to prefer girls as well. I've only really been involved with one other person besides him (a girl) mostly because my mental health is shit. I do know however that I want to many date girls and when I notice people it tends to be girls. I enjoy making out/sex with him mostly. Though I have mental breakdowns about it sometimes. I don't think he's an attractive person really though. He's super serious about me and sometimes I feel the same but like he wants to be with me long term and said he told his parents he thinks he's going to marry me one day (context of him telling me that was actually kinda sweet at the time). But then I flipped the fuck out afterwards in my head like god no I want to date girls and if I make it to be old enough to marry I want a wife. So I don't know what the right thing to do is in this scenario lmfao

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be clear with him and what are your expectations of your relationship with him. Do you want to be only with him? Do you want to be with him, but date other people? Do you want to "break up" with him?

Honesty and clarity goes a long way in these cases. If he is feeling the same way you are, then it is solved. If not, then it is also a clear sign that the relationship isn't working. What shouldn't happen is for you to stay in a relationship you aren't comfortable with.

If he wants to marry you and you aren't feeling the same way, then you should talk him, again, about what you expect from this relationship. Of course, be gentle, there's no need to be rude. But you also shouldn't have to hide your feelings in fear of disappointing him - that will complicate things in the long term.