1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcohol

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Invidia, Jun 19, 2015.

1. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate fruity drinks. They're a complete waste of $$ and you end up getting sick from all the sugar and alcohol mixed in your blood-stream before you even become drunk. It's roughly $6-$9 for a fruity drink that has a 1/2 shot of liquor and a 1/2 shot of triple sec / schnapps. That's outrageous. You may as well spend $5 on a shot of whiskey that'll do more damage and you won't poison your bloodstream even worse with that sugary alcohol mix. (Sorry, had to rant.)

I prefer Budweiser over anything. It's cheap, domestic and I don't feel like I'm drinking a glass of water. Yeah, that's a shot at all you Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, etc. drinkers out there. Sometimes if I don't mind spending a little extra, I'll get Stella. I'm always dropping the extra cash in the fall time though for Sam Adams Octoberfest. That's a great beer........ I can also stomach some PBR, just because 'MERICA!

I like crown, Makers and Jack. I liked Fireball, a lot, until I drank 3/4th of a 750ML of it while canoeing. Ended up puking all down the river, continuously tipping the canoe, lost my Oakleys, lost my iPhone and lost my swim trunks (don't ask). I also made an ass of myself cat-calling every passing canoe or kayak where a female was present. Can't even bear the smell of it anymore.

The only mixed drink I like is Captain and Sprite. I can't drink Captain without Sprite, because I made poor decisions with Captain when I was 17.

I think that covers it.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Everclear, redbull and a dash of blue Gatorade... Death mix. I still do it on occasions where I don't mind spending the entire next day in bed.

#21 DrinkBudweiser, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  2. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

How can you not love something as tacky as PBR? Even if you don't like the beer, you have to give them props: the very tackiness of it is simply adorable.

3. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's cheap and it's not a shitty watered down light beer. Otherwise, it just reminds me of Natty and frat house parties. It's usually all I drink on the 4th of July though, I keep it American.

4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    White wine for me. And Kopparberg cider. And a variety of cocktails.

Vodka on its own is pretty disgusting. Beer is gross too. But if I want to get drunk quickly the former works really well.

#24 imnotreallysure, Jun 19, 2015
  5. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I might drink on the occasional vacation or holiday, 2014 was a big year for me because I drank twice. Needless to say I'm a lightweight

Kahlua is my favorite. A good White Russian is at the top of my list

6. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Vodka mixed drinks and jägermeister.... Mmmm yus

7. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Oh, if you like Jager, then next time you're somewhere with a group of people and want to do something really fun, order a "Jager chain."

The way it works is that you line up a bunch of glasses with some Red Bull in them, balance a large-size shotglass of Jager on the lip of each, and then knock them down like dominos. If the bartender gets it right or at least tries, then a big tip's due.

8. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Beer and whiskey. A jack and coke is really the only "drink" I'll have. Mixed drinks are a conspiracy wherein I get less alcohol and become drunk slower. Not fallin for that one.

9. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Uh, you haven't had my mixed drinks. Basically, my recipe for whiskey and coke is a hi-ball glass with a half-and-half mixture of whiskey and coke. My recipe for a martini has just enough vermouth to give the slightest color and only two or three drops of bitters. The first drinks I ever had were pilfering my mother's vodka, but I got caught because my favored drink was a hi-ball glass with nothing but vodka and just enough welches grape juice to color the water a bit, and I'd down that sucker, no ice. Let me mix up a few drinks for you. I'd get you smashed.

I was cured of binge-drinking, though, when my partner and I were drinking double-glasses of grey goose. I was drinking mine "neat" while he was drinking his on the rocks. Every time he would pour a drink, I would pour a drink, and he was drinking his down trying to keep up with me. Unwittingly, we had gotten into a competition. Let's say that I was cured, for a while, of going bananas on the alcohol.

10. Kaboom

Hate wine. Doesn't taste that good and it makes me sleepy.

Beer, whiskey, whiskey sours.
    I like margaritas when I go out to eat, they make me giggly. I can't tolerate a lot of the sweet stuff, gives me a headache.

I don't drink a whole lot. Like to have a couple of beers when I actually cook or when someone else is cooking.

I usually get shitfaced with my best friend. We get together when we can. We say we're going to work on some music, but we get shitfaced instead. Happens almost every time. We usually drink beer. He loves experimenting and making cocktails. He gets all into it too. The books. The tools. It's good times.

11. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like all sorts of beers (barring most mass produced light lagers), although I'm partial to darker, maltier ales. Shiner's Bock is decent, as is their Kölsch.

Lately, I've developed a thirst for Scotch whisky, blended or single malt. Glenlivet and JWB are my go-tos, when I don't want to break the bank.

Haven't had enough wine or brandy to develop an opinion of them, yet...

12. Gentlewoman

Out Status:
    A few people
    The best is cider. Ace or Angry Orchard, typically. Also good are craft beers such as Kona or Anchor, or a crisp vodka like Stoli. Sweeter whiskies are good. Rum is good. Mixed drinks are only good if they are rum and soda or vodka and soda.

What I won't touch is stuff like Budweiser, Miller, Coors, Corona, or PBY.

#32 Gentlewoman, Jun 19, 2015
  13. Lyana

I really like beer and champagne. I like vodka, wine, and cider. Also most sweet cocktails and mixes. (Vodka and orange juice? I'm right here.) And the sweet liqueurs, too: I have some crème de cassis (blackcurrant) laying around. I like making unlikely mixes.

I'm not a fan of rum (that isn't gentle and flavored, like Malibu) or whisky, though I'd drink both if they were the only possibility, and in cocktails rum is fine -- Pina Colada is probably one of my favorites.

14. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love red wine, liqueur or beer. White wine is ok too.

I hate plain vodka, I need to mix it with something.

15. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Rum and Coke is the only way anyone could get Coke down my throat :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I had a "Fidel Castro" at a pub :lol: It had rum, tonic (or something? can't remember LOL) and lime, it was good :slight_smile:

My fave drink is probably Tequila Sunrise. Tequila, orange juice and some kind of red stuff that I like.

16. CharlD91

CharlD91 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me... it's a nice pressed apple cider with little to no fizz.
    Or rum, but it has to be dark or spiced. Dark with cola and a slice of lime spiced with ice and a slice or ice slice and a very small dash of cola. I do like cocktails, but they are deceptive and despite being tasty can get me drunk quickly!

17. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a weakness for Kahlua and cream. Also Bailey's, especially mixed into hot chocolate. The best shot I ever had was Kahlua and Bailey's. Mimosa, champagne, and Smirnoff are good. I haven't had a mixed drink I didn't like either.

I'm not a beer or wine person; I've never found one I liked. I can stomach vodka mixed with Sprite but I don't really like it. Hate Jim Beam.

18. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's been so many years since I was able to drink the slightest bit without getting a killer stomach ache that my taste has probably changed without my knowing.

But when I was a teenager I was partial to (good) red wine, Stella Artois and Amarula (made from the marula fruit, famously responsible for stories of apparently drunken elephants). Later cocktails with things like vodka or Pimms.

As to what I didn't like: Vermouth was the most disgusting thing ever. Literally couldn't even have a tiny taste without shuddering. Sherry was bloody awful too as I recall. Plain spirits are pretty nasty, I didn't drink to the point of total intoxication anyway so I'd rather what little I did drink wasn't the flavour of liquid earwax lol.

19. flyawayfree

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beer all the way. And the occasional margarita when I go out, which is rarely. As for what I don't like, pretty much everything else.

20. awdru15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    think its fair to say that i do like alcohol :slight_smile:
    I enjoy lager
    red wine
    whisky (special occasions)
    vodka
    various cocktails