1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agender/non binary, supportive friends

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by 123d, Jun 25, 2014.

1. 123d

Hey, I just really wanted to post this because I'm so happy. I've been questioning my gender for a while now (born female) and am still not 100% sure about anything, but both non-binary and agender seem to fit. Anyway, I get fairly irritating dysphoria about my chest and on a particularly bad day, I basically emailed my friend and came out to her and asked her if she knew anywhere I could get a binder without my parents knowing or if she knew of any substitutes. And do you know what she did? She bought me two binders, no questions asked. She just told me to NEVER use ace bandages and to hang on in there until they arrived. I've been walking on air ever since and I am so so grateful to have her. I just sort of wanted to share this because I know not everyone has such a positive experience coming out, but I'm so happy I wanted to share it anyway.
    So yeah...
    :grin:

2. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome! She sounds like an amazing friend, and I'm really glad you have someone so accepting. :slight_smile: She's right about the ace bandages, btw. Just hold on until you get your binders in. But that's awesome that you're getting two binders! (!)

3. 123d

I'm so excited for when they come :slight_smile:
    I really am insanely lucky....

4. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are very lucky. I'm really happy for you. :slight_smile:

5. ProtegeMoi

I'm happy that you've got someone close to you that is accepting and you can be yourself around. I know that would've helped me out a lot when I was younger if I felt that I had someone I could've trusted with such a heavy situation.
    I'm also glad that you won't use bandages, you don't need jacked up ribs. Still be careful with your binders when they arrive too.

Sounds to me like your friend deserves a cake :slight_smile:

6. birdking

I'm so happy for you! Accepting friends make life so much better/easier.

7. 123d

I came out to another friend today actually
    basically all she said was "wait. have you been lying to me all this time?! are you not actually flat chested?!!!"
    and then she just asked me if I preferred they/them pronouns and went back to talking about harry potter
    so yeah
    I'm insanely lucky to have them
    I wish everyone had the same
    :slight_smile:

8. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Awesome friend. I'm not a bio female, and even though I hate some of the male things about my body, having breasts would be worse than all of those things combined. I don't even like them on women, why would I like them on me? Good thing that you're getting some binders.