1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agender and all that stuff

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by laiminga, Jan 16, 2020.

1. laiminga

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey! I am sorry in advance, English is not my first language and also I dyslectic (and also had quite a few drinks right now)
    I am really curiuos how do you know that you are one or other gender? I dont relly give a f*** about that. But it looks like losts of people from my circle really cears about being famale or male
    I jus asked my best friend what does she thinks about agender people and she sad that she is agender... and after thatbshe just started to talk about being polyamours... and then she asked me some questions about that she just told me that I am 100 % famale.... I cant realy understand how my opinion about one or other thing makes me 100%famele... and how the hell do you know if you are famale? Like if I would be born in guys body I wouldnt care... like it is fun being who I am but in diferent body it would still be fun...
    Sorry it this is a mess...

Dreamsexul likes this.
  2. Dreamsexul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honestly have no idea!

Gender is mega-complex. To me it seems a highly inter-connected mix of a various factors: chromosomes, body structure, brain structure, psychological inner-identity, and performance within a cultural context. All spectra, all variable, and exactly what constitutes 'man', 'woman' or other genders, or 'masculine' or whatever, is largely a socio-linguistic convention of where 'to draw the line' based on those factors.

More personally, I don't really know what I am or what I feel - which is kinda why I like the rather forgiving 'genderqueer' label. I acknowledge that my chromosomes, body structure, probably my brain structure make me fall under the 'male' label in this society, and I'm cool with that, but I also believe that my psychology and performance (dress, mannerisms, behaviour) leaves me outside of what my society thinks a 'man' should be, and if I had the power then I often would choose to have a female body structure or an androgynous body which could present as a variety of genders depending upon my mood.

So I tend to describe myself as male but not a man. That feels 'right' to me. :slight_smile:

laiminga likes this.
  3. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't sound like there's anything that makes it seem like you're meant to be the opposite gender or not your assigned sex. Cis people will have thoughts of "what would it be like to be the opposite sex", but they will never have persistent thoughts of any desire to be the opposite sex. Also, no one's 100% male or female, and there's more to gender and gender identity than a person's sex. Typically, if you don't feel any sort of discomfort around secondary sex traits, you're most likely cis. However, if you do feel like this is something that's on your mind, please speak to a qualified therapist who specializes in LGBT issues.

laiminga likes this.